|33| The news

Beginne am Anfang

I'm just talk, making fake promises that I could be the man she deserves. But when I'm with her, when she looks at me as if I were the best thing that had ever happened to her I kind of believe that maybe I'm able to be that person, she makes me feel worth it it's when she is gone that everything starts to fall over me. The worry, the fear they come back when she leaves, I need her, and yet I still try to pull her away. I'm sabotaging myself.

"No sé que es lo que estás ocultando pero si sé, por experiencia que la mayoría de las veces ocultar las cosas no merece la pena. Si quieres que Mia esté a tu lado tienes que que dejar que se acerque, ser honesto. Es una mujer fuerte, podrá con ello." He continues trying to get me to reason. (I don't know what you are hiding from her but I do know, from experience, that most of the time keeping things away isn't worth it. If you want Mia to stand by your side you gotta let her get closer to you, be honest. She is a strong woman, whatever it is she will get through it.)

Would she? I did the one thing she asked me not to do. The one thing she asked of me. I kept it away from her for weeks. How could she forgive me? Do I even deserve to be forgiven?

"Deja de marearte a ti mismo y ve con ella, dile lo que le tengas que decir y pide disculpas." He taps the glass so I look at him. "Si ella siente por ti algo parecido a lo que tú claramente sientes por ella no tendrás problema." (Stop overthinking and go to her, tell her the truth, and apologize. If she feels about you something similar to what you clearly feel about her you won't have any problems.)

He is right, there's still time. She said that she wouldn't leave me and that no matter what I have done she would stay by my side. I have to tell her. Stop this madness and start the process I promised I would do.

"Tengo que irme." I take my crutches and stand up from the metal chair I have somehow grown accustomed to. (I have to go.)

"Por fin." Matteo smiles. "Buena suerte." (Finally. Good luck.)

I give him one last smile before calling for one of the guards and leaving the room so I can get to the taxi that has been waiting for me since I got there.

"As fast as you can please," I tell the driver.

The ride feels eternal but when I finally reach the house I hand the money to the guy, take my crutches and stroll away faster than I had ever done before. The hearing is supposed to be this afternoon meaning that I still have time but it can't wait any longer. Exiting the elevator I open the door to the house and scan the area. She has to be in her room.

"Mia?" I call for her but there's no reply.

Going to her room I open the door without knocking, the anxiety invading my body, I only get to breathe when I see her, sitting over her bed looking directly at me. She looks tired but that's all I can gather, her stare blank.

"Mia, there's something I have to tell you. It's about Mason." I let it out, sitting beside her.

She doesn't reply and that's when I know. She simply takes her phone, unlocks it, and hands it to me. A news article on it. I read the title.

Mason Castillo, also known to many as the prodigy waiting for trial after being arrested on sexual assault.

"Mia... I-"

"So you do have something to be with this?" Her voice is cold, colder than ever.

"I can explain-"

"Don't. Just don't." She stands up and walks away from the room practically running.

" She stands up and walks away from the room practically running

Author's note

As always if you are here ty for reading and don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!

Drama.

When Carlos finally figures out what he feels for her it all goes to shit... sorry not sorry.

How do you all think Mia will take it? (I'm still trying to decide how mad she would be, im trying to think as if i were her but it's a difficult situation so ideas are welcomed)

Ly all,
Maria