ɪ.𝟹 | sᴏᴘᴏʀᴏᴜs

•───── ⋅•⋅⊱∙∘☽

: 𝐋𝐔𝐗 𝐂𝐀𝐄𝐋𝐈

☾∘∙⊰⋅•⋅ ─────•

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐
┊ ⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊
┊ ┊⋆ ┊ .
┊ ┊ ⋆˚         
✧. ┊         
⋆ ★

· · ─ ⋅• D-5 •⋅ ─ · ·

flashback

There's a clenching feeling in Blaze's chest. No, rather, it was crushing his lungs, closing down on his airway with not an ounce of air allowed in.

"C-comatosed...?"

He couldn't breathe.

A distorted frown tugged on his lips, a hand subconsciously wrinkling the fabric of his vest jacket as a fire within him boiled through his veins anew.

He swallowed - hard - unsure if his chest burning or the dreadful news echoing in his ears was the main cause of his suffering.

"T-that can't be..."

His sunset-filtered eyes shifted amongst two of his eldest brothers, a teary-eyed Gempa, and a mummified Halilintar - who, no doubt, was wearing the same frown as he was.

An employee of TEMPUR-A stood before them, alien fingers fidgety on the clipboard he held neatly against his stomach, a weary frown on his human-like features as he watched the triplets slowly let the news sink in.

Comatosed... He's in a -!!?

The health specialist exhaled a breathy sigh. He didn't want to startle the brothers further, but he had to garner their attention for a moment.

A short moment to at least -

"Please. Allow me to explain."

The eldest had his eyes trained on the alien's face, breath astill in his throat as he waited and his fists clenched painfully, nails piercing through the bandages around his palms. But he didn't care. He couldn't give a damn should his skin start bleeding again. The red of his eyes gave out a menacing glow under the shadow of his cap, but he remained silent, heart pounding in his chest and Gempa couldn't blame him because he knew.

He knew his brother was terrified.

Of the truth?

Even Blaze knew the answer to that.

"We believe it to be a more accurate term - a more accurate way to humanely describe your brother's situation." The specialist started, head lowering to skim through the notes on his clipboard.

"As what the term is referred to as for you, humans, he is in a 'vegetative state', in which for human biology, it means the person is lacking brain activity; there's depressed brainstem reflexes, such as pupils not responding to light. No, uhm, responses to the limbs, or even pain. All except reflexive movements and is ultimately unable to command his physical self to react at all. Quite like he were a living-corpse."

Blaze blinked, brows furrowing in utter frustration as he listened because he knew damn well the guy was only explaining about a 'comatose' but the more he explained, it's like he suddenly didn't know what he was talking about anymore.

It hurt his brain - and he wished Solar was there to explain it all again to him in simpler ter -

Wait.