Illiterate - Leaving

Începe de la început

Ravi turned and hugged the fragile little girl and watched Rudra block their sight of his parents with his broad back.

"Hr ladki ke paas haq hai ki woh aapne Jeevan saathi khud choone. Aur usse yeh haq koi bhi nahi cheen sakta. Aur aapne jo aaj harkat ki hai, uske natije aapko face krne padenge. Aur bohot jaldi krne padenge."

(Every girl has the right to choose her life partner. And no one can take this right from her. And you will have to face the consequences of what you have done today. And you'll face then very soon.)

Saying that he turned to Siya and Ravi.

"Get her to pack her things, she'll be leaving with me. Aur tum bhi saath ana, She'll be more comfortable with you present."

(And you come with us too.)

Once Ravi was upstairs with Siya, Rudra turned and sits on the couch, and the couple gaze at each other.

Rudra clears his throat before turning to look at Suresh and Vaishali, the image of Siya on the floor cowering away from her tormentors. The strings in his heart pulled even harder this time, and he wanted to fix it.

"Dekhiye Rudra saab, mujhe nahi pata ki aapko Siya se shaadi kyun krni hai. Pr woh yeh shaadi nahi kr sakti. Aur nahi hogi. Aap ja sakte hain kyunki hum usse aapke saath nahi bhejen ge."

(Look Mr Rudra, I don't know why you want to marry Siya, but she is not going to marry you. You can leave because she will not go with you.)

Rudra chuckled at the man's words, "Woh mere saath mein hi jaayegi. Aur uski shaadi bhi mere saath hi hogi. Aap agar rokne ki naakaam koshish krna chahe toh kr sakte hai."

(She will leave with me, and she will marry me. If you would like to try and stop it and be unsuccessful, then be my guest.)

"Pr aap usse shaadi kyun krna chaahte hai? Dekhne mein ameer aur educated lgte hai. Usse illiterate aur gavar se shaadi kyun krni hai? Meri behen ki ladki hai. Fashion designing ki hai, aur aapke saath achi bhi lagegi. Uske baar mein soch lo. Ye-"

(But why do you want to marry her? You look rich and educated, and she is illiterate, why marry her?  My sister has a daughter, she's done fashion designing. Think about her. This-)

"Woh illiterate hai kyunki aapne usse education nahi di. And that falls under neglect. Aur jo maina yahan dekha ," Rudra points to the space where Siya and Ravi just were before pointing towards the two, "aur jo maine yaha suna, woh sab yahan record ho gaya hai." Rudra shows them his phone.

(She is illiterate because of you. . . . . . . .and from what I've seen. . . . . .And heard, has all been recorded.)

Siya comes down with a small suitcase with Ravi, who had a backpack on him. She stops at the bottom of the stairs feeling the glares of her uncle and aunt. Ravi holds her hand and gives it a squeeze before gesturing to Ravi to take Siya out.

Rudra stands up, fixes his collar and before leaving he looks the couple dead in their eyes, "Bas thode din hi reh gaya hai aapke iss ghar mein. Kyunki itna strong case banaunga ki 15 saal toh kahin nahi gaye. Toh jab tak yeh azaadi hai, tab tak yahan aaram kijiye. Hmm."

(Just a few more days you have in this house. Because I'll create such a strong case that you'll get at least 15 years. So enjoy your freedom and house till them.)

"Oh my child! Meri baachi! Abh tum humare paas ho na! Ravi toh tumhe protect krta hi hai, pr abhi mein aur Rudra bhi tumhe kuch nahi hone denge. Chalo, let's go home mere bacche!"

(My child! you are staying with us now, Ravi is here to protect you anyway, but now Rudra and I will not let anything happen to you. Come on.)

Rudra was driving everyone to their home, his anger at its peak, and everyone could feel it. The anger radiating off of him was scaring Siya, it reminded her of the anger of her uncle and aunt. She knew they weren't like this, he wasn't like this. But she just couldn't help it.

When they reach home, Damini takes Siya to Aanchal's old room. The poor girl was shivering like a leaf and Damini took her time to make her comfortable, Siya even cried in the woman's lap,  feeling motherly love for the first time since her own maa passed away. and Rudra takes Ravi to the guest room.

Before Rudra left, he put a hand on Ravi's shoulder.

"Ravi, you've done a great job keeping her safe and happy. But now I'm here, and she's my responsibility as well. So I just want you to know you're not alone. I'm also here for Siya and you. Like your older brother. You must have faced a lot growing up, seeing your parents like that."

Ravi smiles and says, "Thank you bhai. Woh bohot nazuk hai. She needs time and care. We all must be patient with her."

(She's very delicate.)

Rudrasmiles before making his way out.