Hero License Exam pt. 1

Start from the beginning

Seriously, that had to be the worst costume I've ever seen...

He still had time to change Shoto's mind though, so he put his worries away and finished unpacking his costume. Leaving it ready so he could change quickly and make it to the exam tomorrow.

'Ding'

Dabi took out his phone, pausing as he saw a text from Shoto.

Sho: You should get a souvenir from Tokyo like last time.

Sho: Not scars, by the way, they don't count.

Dabi scoffed, texting back a little response as he got ready to go find his spoiled brother a gift. Deciding that he might get Asui something too since Shoto was staying at her house while he was away.

Dabi: You know most brothers would text good luck or something like that :(

'Ding'

Sho: You don't need it.

He paused as he got to the door, this time letting a full-blown smile as he left the comforts of his room.

That cheeky brat...

He chuckled as he made his way toward the streets of Tokyo, unable to deny the feeling of pride he got as he sent Shoto a quick reply.

Dabi: Damn right

..................

So this is the place huh...

Dabi was standing in front of the building where the exam was taking place, the Tokyo Tower looming a few miles from it as a crowd formed. The facility is the size of a stadium with the HPSC logo stamped above the door.

Didn't expect there to be this many people...

Dabi figured that fewer people would try the exam this year since it was supposed to be harder, but turns out it was the opposite. There were well over 3,000 people in the crowd outside, all of them attempting to take the exam.

Should be fun...

He was pulled out of his thoughts as a very tired-looking man stepped out of the building, his dead eyes giving off a very Aizawa vibe.

"Hello applicants, my name is Yokumira Mera, and I'll be the proctor for this year's hero exam. That being said there are a few things I would like to say before it starts."

The crowd fell silent as the proctor looked toward them, his thin frame giving off immense pressure as he spoke, "The HPSC believes that aspiring heroes have become lazy thanks to the era of peace brought in by All Might. This test will be used as a way to correct that."

Yokumira took out a remote, clicking it as a holographic map of Tokyo was projected above him, around three hundred red dots marked on it.

Yokumiru gave a devilish grin, his voice traced with amusement as he spoke, "300 terrorist scenarios have been planned throughout the city. An agent from the Hero commission and a Pro Hero is stationed at each site. The commissioner will be in charge of managing this portion of the exam while the Pro Heroes are acting as villains and have taken fake hostages at each site."

Dabi tilted his head as the man stood stiffly, still waiting in front of the shaded door to the building. Dabi scanned the map above Yukimura with growing understanding.

So that's how it is...

He was pulled out of his thoughts as Yokumiru continued his speech, "It's first come first serve. The commissioner outside will signal if a hostage situation has been completed, so don't bother if you see one that's already done. Moving on though, there are only two rules for this portion of the exam."