ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀɪᴍᴇ

TW: swearing, murder, mild gore, Dazai typical suicide, hallucinations, mention of problems w/ food

𝓞𝓵𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮 𝓱𝓾𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻𝓼

☆꧁༒꧂☆

Chuuya was woken up by bits of sunlight hitting his face through the slightly ajar blinds of his bedroom. Groggily he reached for his phone to check what time it was, only to be stopped by a weight at his side. Looking down he came face to face with Victor's sleeping figure, cuddled up into the side of his chest, with his long arms around the ginger's waist. Chuuya felt his face heat up, as he mentally screamed at himself to ignore whatever this was, and get out of bed to make the two of them some breakfast.

Slipping away from the bed, Chuuya headed to the bathroom and started on his morning routine. After doing that, he took a moment to toss Victor's dirty clothes from the night before  into the washing machine, turning it on to the fastest setting. The ginger then headed to the kitchen to start making breakfast for the mortician and himself. He took out a coffee pot, filling it up with water and adding the grounded coffee beans into the middle section and then screwed the top on tightly. Taking out spices and a small jar with brown sugar he added both into the very top section of the coffee pot, putting it onto the stove and turning on the heat. He then got onto preparing food.

About halfway through Chuuya heard the familiar sound of light footsteps. Victor shuffled into the kitchen tiredly rubbing his eyes. He wasn't wearing the hoodie anymore, but he did have the dark red comforter from the night before draped around his shoulders for warmth.

"Morning Chu... Did you make coffee?" Victor's voice was low and gravelly from just waking up. Chuuya hummed in agreement, turning back to the stove, where eggs were sizzling on a pan. The tips of his ears were red. Internally he was yelling at himself for finding the mortician's morning voice cute, he had no right to wake up, adorably shuffle into the kitchen and then greet him with the same voice he could listen to for hours. Before his thoughts could go any further the sound of the finished coffee pot brought him back to reality. Chuuya took the pot off the stove and poured both him and Victor coffee, and put the freshly cooked food onto plates. He set both the mugs and the plates in the kitchen island where Victor was sitting on his phone looking at something. White -ettes free hand was moving in small fidgety moments, switching between tapping his nails in the dark marble counter, to picking at the skin of his nails.

"You ok?" Chuuya asked as he sat down across from the taller man, and started eating his food. Victor looked up at him chewing on his lip a bit, before answering.

"Ya I'm ok, it's just that Eeriest asked me to stop by a fresh crime scene, but I also need to get home to get changed, feed Nox, take meds, and all that stuff." Victor picked up his fork and took a small bit of his food, while still staring at his phone screen.

"I can drive you, if you want. I have a day off and wasn't planning on doing anything anyway" Chuuya said nonchalantly, giving the illusion of not really caring, when in reality he was vibrating from anticipation.

"Really? You'd do that? I really don't want to bother you, cus you already let me stay over and drove me here yesterday... I don't want to bother you too much" Victor looked at the ginger with dove eyes, taking a sip of his coffee.

"You aren't, I assure you. Now please eat properly and then we can go over what we should do '' the man across the table happily nodded and went back to eating his breakfast. Chuuya finished his food first, and went to rinse off the plate and put it into the dishwasher. Turning back, he looked at Victor and his half finished food. The tall man was lost in thought staring at one spot on the wall adjacent to him. The ginger was back at his spot at the kitchen island, coffee and hand and staring at his friend.