"What?" Leon prompted the girl, having no clue as to why she appeared so angry.

Rae couldn't help herself as she blurted, "I was jealous."

Leon blinked at her in bewilderment, "What?"

"When my mood dropped for no reason in Raccoon City. On the cable car." Rae brought up the old memory, Leon nodded to show he remembered the moment, "I was jealous of Ada. I was jealous of her then, and I'm jealous of her now. All because she was confident enough to try and put a move you."

     Rae shook her head and let out a small laugh of disbelief. She couldn't believe she was admitting this to him, after all that had happened. "I don't know why you're jealous." Leon said, gazing at her. "It's not her that I love."

     Rae's eyes flew to his, finding nothing but sincere emotion behind his eyes. He had used a present form of the word, not past.

     She found butterflies in her stomach, but as prepared as she was, she wasn't ready to fall into the trap called Leon Kennedy quite yet.

"She was trying to kiss you dingus. On the cable car." Rae spoke sassily as she climbed to the edge of the boat, jumping from it to the slick mounatins. She didn't see the way Leon's arm extended behind her, aiming to catch her if she fell. But she didn't.

     "Oh...I didn't notice." Leon's eyes carefully followed her body as he stood up and neared her.

     "I'm aware." Rae rolled her eyes as he also climbed onto the mountain behind her.

     As he stood up to his full height, he got closer to her. He stared down at her with a teasing smirk, "Too bad it wasn't someone else trying to kiss me. I would have said yes."

     Rae tilted her head, "You're not getting a kiss from me that easily pretty boy, I've changed."

     Leon's eyes wandered as she climbed up the first rock, he muttered to himself, "Not too much."

     "What'd you say?" Rae asked quickly, turning around rapidly as she had fully climbed onto the rock.

     "Nothing." He gave her a small boyish smile. She rolled her eyes playfully before continuing to climb up the rocks.

Eventually Leon got in front of her and offered her a hand, but she had already climbed up. The girl gave him a small smirk before she made her way past him and to a ledge, finding a large factory like area. Leon followed her like a puppy as she observed the area. There were spotlights, laser machines and villagers patrolling with assault rifles.

     "I see Ashley." Leon informed, leaning his head closer to Rae to adjust her viewing position. There she easily spotted the girl, still being carried.

     Rae nodded, lowering her binoculars, "Let's go get sleeping beauty."

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     "Last one down." Leon muttered as he lowered his pistol. He looked around for his partner but wasn't able to find the girl anywhere. "Rae?" Leon called out into the open air, not being able to find the girl anywhere.

"Up here, sweetheart." Her voice called back to him from above. He looked up in confusion, but still wasn't able to see her.

     "And where's here?" Leon inquired, his voice matching her playful one.

     "What are you, blind? I'm over here." Rae said.

Leon turned to find her sitting on the stairs, ones that had been previously blocked by lasers—they had figured out that if you walked into them, they would shoot you down, an unlucky villager was the test dummy—casually sitting with her arm on her knee and her face resting on her hand. His breath was caught at the sight of her smirk.