"Really?" Rae raised an eyebrow, "Did know you liked f—"

     Leon rolled his eyes and grabbed her leg, bring it towards him since she didn't move. He set it on his knee and began to look at the wound. Rae ignored the butterflies she got from his demanding action as he observed the scratch.

Seeing something, he rolled the fabric further up her leg. Rae leaned forward to see what it was. It was the dog's bite from Raccoon city. The one he had healed. It had left a nasty scar.

Lightly Leon's fingers dragged across the skin. He gently prodded, a guilty expression growing on his face.

Rae tried to lighten the mood, "I told you that dog was aggressive."

It didn't work, instead his eyebrows furrowed, moving down as he frowned, "Will you stop getting into dangerous situations for me?"

     "What?"

     "Back there. You threw yourself at Krauser. I mean what were you thinking? You could have got more than that small scratch." Leon scolded, making Rae scoff and take her leg off his knee. She stepped away from him, and rolled her eyes,

    "It's my job Leon." Rae defended.

     "Oh yeah?" Leon asked, standing up. He began to walk towards her, and she stepped backwards. She only got a few steps before her lower back hit the top of the cart, but Leon was still advancing. She was stuck.

     Standing her ground, she stood up taller as he stopped in front of her, looking down at her with frustrated eyes as she said, "Yeah. And what about you, huh?"

"What?"

"Stop getting yourself into dangerous situations for me." Rae switched. Leon turned his head slightly, waiting for her to explain. "I notice when you put yourself in front of me. When you jump at an enemy that was coming at me instead. I... I don't get why you would do that."

He leaned forward, his arms resting on either side of the cart behind her, "I do that because I don't want to see you get hurt."

The two watched each other as the cart came to a stop, having finished their way across the abyss. Rae swallowed her feelings, instead joking, "Then look away." As she lifted his arm up to walk out of the cart, rushing to the entrance of the building. Leon watched after her, shaking his head with a fond expression as he then followed her.

     The two entered the clocktower, hearing slow clapping ring out the tall and spacious building.

     Suddenly Ramón's voice called out from above, "You two are nothing if not unyielding." The two looked up, spotting the small man three levels up, "However, I am afraid it ends here."

      The man turned around, ordering the villagers in the building, "Expel this intruder!"

     "Shit." Leon cursed as footsteps were heard rushing down the spiral stairs.

     "Hey, it's okay." Rae assured as she stepped forward, now beside him, "I've got your back."

Leon gave her a small, appreciative smile, and it made her heart skip a beat.