"Are you done Rae?" Leon asked once he spotted her stop talking. To her positive nod he waved her over, "Then let's go."

They traveled up the stairs when Rae spotted a small figure emerge from a pair of two grand doors from a balcony at the end of the hall. "A most warm welcome to my castle." The figure greeted as the trio grew closer.

Leon stuck out his arm in front of both the girls as he stopped them before they could get closer. He was struggling to find the voice though. Rae noticed and moved to his other side to nudge his arm, motioning to the small man, "Up there."

"Such a pleasure to finally meet your acquaintances, Mr. Kennedy and Ms. Silivan."

Rae frowned at the little man's words, wondering why Leon's name came before hers while Leon interrogated, "Who—the hell—are you?" He paused between each word to express his utter confusion.

     "Me? Oh please, call me Ramón." The small man introduced, "And allow me to get straight to the point."

     Leon and Rae gave each other a glance as if to ask if this guy was being serious. They hoped he wasn't. That this was a bit.

"I would like you two to hand the girl there, over to me...now." Ramón suggested but it felt like an order. One they wouldn't comply with.

     "Yeah, fat chance, Ramón. The girl's just fine. With us." Leon denied while both him and Rae glared at the small man. Behind them Ashley gave a small smirk.

     "Mr. Kennedy, Ms. Silivan." Ramón lightly tapped his hand, which was in a fist, onto the banister which was almost at his shoulders before he continued, "How noble of you two. Nonetheless, you see, the girl must be ours. With that girl as the very source, your United States, and then the entire world shall overflow with his grace." Ramón spread his arms wide.

     Rae raised an eyebrow at the man, leaning her weight to one hip as she questioned the man's sanity. But she didn't have to for long, since he continued speaking, "For that is the iron will of my master, the most holy Lord Saddler! So then, you will comply, yes?"

"Never!" Ashley stepped forward as she objected.

     "You heard the lady." Leon backed her up.

     Rae felt left out but she wasn't in the mood to shout at the strange little man above her. Besides, he should have already got the memo.

"How unfortunate." Ramón snapped his fingers, turning around and ordering, "Do make sure our guests feel at home...now that they have chosen death."

     The door below the balcony opened up and a man wearing a black robe and holding a scythe rushed out, other figures following not too far behind. "Guys..." Ashley called out in concern.

"Did we just get threatened by a five-year-old?" Rae inquired, narrowing her eyes at the doors that Ramon had disappeared from.

"I don't think his age matters right now, Rae!" Leon scolded, raising his pistol in preparation.

"Oh, yeah, right," Rae snapped into it, ordering, "Ashley, stay close to us."

Ashley nodded, accepting the order without hesitation, "Okay!"

There were five figures charging at them. Two with shields and mace and chains. Two with scythes and one with no weapon. As soon as they all began to form into a group, Rae reached into her pocket, calling out, "Grenade!"

     She tossed it and it landed in the middle of the group, going off and knocking them all to their feet. Then she used Matilda to begin shooting their heads, Leon following with his own pistol.

Within no time the entire group had been killed, their bodies on the floor between Rae and Leon who were both checking their ammunition on their weapons.

     Breaking the newly given quiet, Leon asked, "How many grenades do you have?"

     Rae slowly looked up from her gun. She blinked and looked back at Matilda, saying, "...I'll just say more than I should."

She had a lot, and boy was she glad she did. It made it much easier to take out these almost superhuman villagers. They could take a grenade blast and still get back up, some of the time that is.

     "Okay then." Leon nodded before he went to the door that the other's had left from, only to find it locked.

     "Um, should we try that room over there? There's a hole in the side of the wall?" Ashley brought up, pointing towards the cell to the side of the room.

     The two looked at her, "I'll give you a boost." They synchronized, only to look at each other.

"You can do it." Rae said immediately.

     "No, I insist, ladies first." Leon waved for her to move over to the hole where Ashley was waiting.

     Rae gave him a sarcastic smile, "Such a gentleman."

     "Aren't I?" Leon called after her as Rae moved over to Ashley and helped her into the hole. "Be careful." He ordered once Ashley dropped to the floor on the other side of the bars.

     "Got it!" Ashley said as she rushed to the door and quickly unlocked it, allowing the two in.

     To the right there was a pathway that led to nothing but a treasure chest, so they turned to the hole in the wall. "I'll go first." Rae offered, going to move when Leon brushed past her.

     "I got it." He said, already squeezing through the cracked wall.

     Rae hummed, taking the moment of distraction to scan his body. Man he looked good, "That's right, ladies first." But he looked anything like a lady. With arms as his as his— She cut off her internal fangirl moment. This was her colleague, and she was not about to fall into the Leon trap again.

     "Oh, ha, ha." Leon sarcastically laughed before he scanned the room. "It's clear, come on through."

     "You go first, I'll watch your back." Ashley ushered Rae. Rae gave the large room a small once over to make sure there was no danger oncoming them before she nodded.

    "Thanks." Rae said before she squeezed her body through the hole in the wall. She waited for Ashley to be completely through the hole before she turned to Leon, finding him pointing behind him,

     "Looks like we can continue on this way." He informed, already taking a few steps in that direction.

     "Well, lead the way." Rae waved, and then they were off.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

AUTHORS NOTE !

I've just realized that Matilda
is kind of a child of divorce.
But she stayed with the mom
instead of the dad.

This chapter was boring but
the next one will be better.

Posted: April 1, 2023
Words: 1508
Edited: ✘︎