The call ended, Lexus put the phone on the counter and slid down to the floor. She huddled her knees to her chest, ignoring the faint ache in her stomach. Her face hid in her knees, letting the tears fall and drip off her nose onto her legs.

How could she go back knowing she's the reason Jared's dead? She was willing to put her life on the line, not his. Yet he's the one who paid the price. Why? Why him!? Why!?

"Hey, Lexy." Called a voice, the sound of boots hitting the steps reaching her ears.

When did the door open? She hadn't heard it closing the world out.

"How's Iris and- Lexy?" It was Prompto, the soft tone of his voice filtered the empty silent caravan. "H-Hey, what's wrong? Are you sick?" He asked, kneeling down to her, his hand on her shoulder.

Scared she might not be feeling good, Prompto jumped to his feet. "I'll get Ignis, he'll know-" But he stopped when she grabbed his wrist. He turned back, seeing the desperate wide glassy eyes of Lexus staring at him.

"Don't- Don't tell them, please." She pleaded with a trembling voice.

Prompto got back down to the floor, his blue eyes filled with worry at her plight. "What's wrong? Does something hurt?"

She shook her head, her hand tight on his wrist that slid down to grip his hand. Prompto adjusted to sit on the floor, holding her hand in return. He let her take a few breaths and wipe her eyes before talking.

"Remember when I got captured, what happened to Jared?" Prompto nodded, hearing the news back from Iris. "It's my fault he's dead."

Prompto frowned, "What?"

Lexus covered her eyes, releasing his hand. "I just kept talking and talking, worried they'd find the others and hurt them. I didn't care what they did to me, so long as they were safe. But Jared- He was with me and he paid the price for my damn mouth!"

"Lexus, wait-" He reached for her but she flinched away.

Her eyes released more tears under her palms as she let out a few sobs. "It's my fault he's dead, Prompto. It's my fault Talcott doesn't have his grandfather anymore."

"No, it's not." He argued.

She looked up at him, "How can it not be? I just wanted to distract them and it led to Loqi... He didn't do anything...!" Lexus hiccuped and huddled tighter in herself, crying harder than before.

Prompto felt he couldn't get through to her, she was too stressed and traumatized to hear his reasoning. Instead, he scooted closer to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. Desperate for contact and comfort, Lexus leaned against Prompto, surprising him as he shot his arm above his head. He gulped, but gently placed his arm around her shoulder, rubbing her arm as he rested his head on top of hers. It was the best he could do for his friend, let her cry it out.

So much guilt riddled her, no amount of talking from Prompto or the others were going to snap her out of it. She witnessed Jared's death and felt soley she was the reason. As if she had put that sword through him herself.

It wasn't until the even rising of Prompto's chest against her cheek and the gentle caressing of his hand on her arm that she started to calm down from her crying. She was shaking less, sniffling, and heaving a whimper wanting to cry more. Lexus had no right to feel this comfort, why should she get it? Talcott's the one in true pain.

With her guilt taking over. Lexus lifted off of Prompto and stood, taking a paper towel from the counter roll to wipe her eyes and blow her nose. The blonde rose to his feet, fixing his shirt to ignore the stains she left by his shirt collar.