Chapter 2

"Mommy!" Lexus called, descending down the stairs and ran over to Hilda who sat with her brother Roland.

"Hey, cupcake!" He greeted, picking her up to sit in his lap.

"What is it, honey?"

Lexus reached into her skirt pocket taking out a beige cloth, handing it to her mother. "You do embroidery, right?"

"Yup, I do. Why do you ask?" Hilda took the cloth, just noticing the rich material it was made of.

It had been a few weeks since their arrival to Insomnia, Hilda had fallen in love the city. She met a lot of kind people, and walked with Lexus who walked to the around-about where the race was being held. Everyone just waited for the return of Prince Noctis and King Regis. The wait was driving Varin crazy, and went out to where the Chocobos were being held so Ferris wouldn't feel neglected. The city wasn't part of their habitat, they can't be left inside the pens for so long without getting restless.

Lexus pointed at the cloth in her mom's hand, "I want to put Ignis' name on it."

"I thought that boy said you could keep it." Roland recalled from what he was told when they brought Lexus back.

She turned to him, "It's so that I don't forget him." Lexus took the cloth, now clean from her tears on that day.

Roland chuckled, "He shouldn't be hard to forget." he placed his palms at the top of his hat covered head. "His hair was like nothing you've ever seen, right?"

Lexus pouted at her uncle, "I will when we leave Insomnia. I live in Duscae with mommy and daddy, who knows when I'll see him again." she explained, letting her head hang at the thought. "He was the first kind person to me here."

Hilda patted her daughter's head with a smile, "You can always visit Uncle Roland if you really want to see your friend, okay?" Lexus looked to him, he nodded with the same smile.

Her cheeks warmed, thinking of seeing Ignis again with her own smile. "I-I still want to have his name on it, please?"

Hilda moved her to her lap taking the cloth. "Of course, how about I show you how to do embroidery?"

The little girl beamed, "Can I?"

"Yup! What color-"

Suddenly the door to the bar slammed open, the bell near fell off. "Hilda! T-They're back!"

Roland paused at yelling about being rough with his door. "Who is back?" Hilda asked, concern about the huge smile on her husband's face.

"King Regis and his son, Prince Noctis! They just entered the citadel, I heard from the people that the race might be held in a few days!"

Everyone burst into cheers, Lexus ran to her dad who scooped her up and spun her around the room. "Ready to see your dad show Insomnia who the true Chocobo Race Master is?"

"You'll leave them in the dust, daddy!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Later that night after dinner-

"So, what color do you want to do for his name?" Hilda asked, sitting in the guest room that was Lexus'. They sat at the table looking at the threads of many colors.

Lexus looked over them all struggling to pick. She wanted a color that would help keep him in memory, but she couldn't put her favorite color yellow in there. It wouldn't work against the beige and it didn't make her think of him.