Chapter 15

The restless sleep Lexus had last night led her to a groggy early morning. She had constant nightmares of the Chocobo Accident and rejection of her parents. Lexus had to guess she had maybe an hour or so of sleep? Her phone's alarm went off, she sat up and reached for it. But a message on her phone woke her up more. She had gotten a text from Ignis that there was a small outdoor restaurant he'd like to treat her for breakfast. That got her out of bed, dressed and down stairs within the next twenty-five minutes.

Ignis stood by the front desk, scrolling through his phone. Once she made her presence known, he turned and smiled, sliding his phone into his back pocket. Just like yesterday, Ignis decided to not wear his blazer with his sleeves rolled up showing his pale arms. Even his gloves were gone, making his hands look larger when bare. Lexus herself wore no gloves, now wearing dark jean shorts and a dark tank top, but with a light blue denim jacket with the sleeves reaching her elbows. The weather was much warmer, one could say hot, in this city. She couldn't wear her usual leather bike jacket in this heat, Lexus would melt!

"So, this cafe?" She asked, rocking on her heels with eagerness.

Ignis couldn't help but chuckle, it was like he was with that cheery little girl he met years ago. "I think you'll like it."

Ignis and Lexus walked from the hotel and through the city toward the center. A small corner cafe had tables and chairs outside, umbrellas up to shade customers from the blazing sun. What really made Lexus mouth water as the two took a seat, was the smell of seafood cooking. She kept watching the smoke fly out of the grill in the shop, the scent of cooked crustacean was really making her stomach growl monstrously.

The menu held many foods that she had never had before. Egg-Fried Crustacean Bowl, Stewed Tripe, Fried Rookie on Rice, and Mother & Child Rice Bowl. Lexus ordered the crustacean bowl while Ignis ordered the rice bowl.

As they waited, sipping water to keep hydrated, Lexus kept looking around nervously. Ignis noticed, crossing his legs and resting an elbow on the small table. "Did you sleep well?" He asked kindly.

She nodded, not wanting to think about the nightmares she had. "Honestly, if you hadn't mentioned breakfast, I might have accidentally gone back to sleep."

"Ah," He leaned back and folded his arms. "So say I were to leave a piping hot dish outside the door and called 'food's here!'?"

Lexus covered her face, laughing at herself. "I might have just swung the door open regardless." She admitted. "How'd you and the guys sleep?"

"Pretty well, as usual." Ignis answered, "Can't say the same for the others. Gladio tends to snore, ear plugs do wonders." he joked earning another laugh from Lexus.

A young waiter approached, dishes ready and placed them down in front of them. The crustacean bowl steamed and the scent of cooked crab made her mouth water. They thanked the waiter, Ignis stirred his rice as Lexus eagerly picked out some crab and egg, blowing on it to cool it off faster. They took the first bite, and loved it! Ignis really favored the way the rice was soft and seasoned, the eggs were fluffy and the meat was juicy. Lexus, when he glanced at her, she was in sea heaven. She had never had crab before, so the tender meat with the seasoned eggs and white rice was the best breakfast this city could offer her!

"Gods, I wished crabs were more common in Insomnia." She said, her cheek bloated with the rice she inhaled. "Can Noctis make it possible? I swear, no where did they sell crustacean."

Ignis chuckled, "I'll bring it up to him." he mused.

Lexus slowed down her eating to savor it, looking around as kids played ball nearby. "What are the guys up to?"