Chapter 21

"So, that's all that went down." Lexus sighed, slouching in the plastic chair. "I wish I had gone to find you guys sooner, if I had known you were using the ranch as a means of refuge."

"To be fair, we couldn't get any contact with you." Noctis told.

"Or Iris for that matter." Gladio added.

The group had exchanged events surrounding the near week since they split at Lestallum. Lexus was explained about the battle with the Archeon, how the Regalia had been taken resorting the boys to using Chocobos as their main use for travel as they collected a new astral to summon in battle. They got the car back, though in the process, met with Ravus Nox Fleuret, Luna's brother.

"Why is her brother on the enemy's side? And going after her?" Lexus asked.

"That we do not know." Ignis answered.

It was then Gladio's phone went off. He answered it, not even checking nor needing to see who the caller was. "Iris? Everything alright?"

Lexus tensed, her hands gripping the arms of her chair, even if Gladio seemed relaxed talking to his sister, Lexus still feared the worst. He smiled and looked at her, walking over to hold the phone out.

"She wants to talk to you." He told.

Lexus stood, taking the phone and pressing it to her ear and she stepped a few feet away from the boys. "Iris?"

"Lexus! Oh, thank goodness! I was so worried when Gladdy didn't call me." She said over the phone.

"Was he supposed to?"

"Yes!" She barked, making Lexus pull the phone away for a moment. "I told him the moment they got you back to call me! We've been worried sick about you!"

She brought the phone back to her ear. "Iris, is everyone alright there?"

Iris chuckled, "We should be asking you that. You're the one that got taken away." she scolded. "We're fine, I promise."

Lexus leaned against the trailer, glancing at the boys finding their eyes on her. She walked into the caravan and shut the door. She didn't mean to block them out, but she felt too ashamed to ask the next question.

"How's Talcott?"

Iris hesitated, "He's okay. Your parents and I have been keeping him company... We've all been keeping each other together."

"My parents?"

"They're fine, just worried to death." She told her. "Do you want to talk to them?"

Lexus rubbed her eyes, she wanted to say yes. Hear her parents' voices to assure her they were safe, but she trusted Iris' word. Her eyes stung threatening to water just imagining the worry her parents would give over the phone.

"No- just tell them I'm resting from everything. But I am fine." She assured Iris. "We're getting the Raglia fixed, so we'll be back first thing in the morning."

"Good! I should probably tell you, Talcott is going to Caem with Monica. She offered me to go with them, but I didn't want to leave your parents alone." Iris told.

"Thanks Iris, really." She told closing her eyes, easing herself of her fear and doubt.

Iris chuckled, "I do owe you." she reminded her. "You risked your life to protect Talcott and me."

But not Jared, Lexus bitterly thought. "Hey, I'm going to get going. Sorry, just-"

"Don't worry! I'll see you tomorrow and call if anything comes up. Be safe!"