Of Men and Greed

Languages:

'Valari words/ or Erika's mother tongue'

"Quenya/Sindarin"

"Westron/Common tongue"

"Others"

Disclaimer: LOTR and Silmarillion are properties of J.R.R. Tolkien and Tolkien Estates. None of the songs used in the story are mine too and only borrowed for entertainment purposes.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Of Men and Greed

Kay… so I just want you to know, pissing off elves is never a good thing. Especially elf healers. My experience made me feel like a dissected smoked fish dried underneath the sun. If Nestaron let me get away with it with a sigh of frustration, Ms. Heledh was a whole different matter.

Needless to say, she berated me for almost two hours about the bad effects of recklessness and stubbornness on a 'recovering person'. I felt like a schoolgirl again being reprimanded by her mother after cutting classes, but after those cringing hours, she gave me food and hugged me and said she was just concerned about me as much as she is concerned about her 3 daughters. She has 5 kids by the way. Cool right? She doesn't even look like it. 

And so my adventure just started after a very close up assessment of my supposed to be not-so-fragile health by Lady Heledh herself and after confirming that I am indeed okay, she allowed me to assist people in the healing wards who were injured from the attack. I was so pumped to finally do something after being stuck inside my room for days. I didn't help much in dressing injuries or healing stuffs because I don't know shit about those things. I grew up in the age of band-aids and koolfever, folks. Anyway, I was tasked with doing trivial chores like cleaning, washing linens, towels, the medical dishes they used in the healing wards and many more. It wasn't that hard, in fact I'm happy enough doing this at least in my own small ways I could help everyone.

I might not have a watch with me to check the time but I guess it is now in the middle of afternoon and four hours have passed since Glorfindel and the others moved out of the city going towards the other side of the river. Honestly a day here felt slower than Earth, it's not much of a big difference and one wouldn't have noticed it unless you watch it closely. Being here and experiencing so many things, I can't help but to observe and compare all unfamiliar things I see here from the things I am used to.

I'm interested to know more about their solar system. Glorfindel briefly mentioned before that the sun is a fruit and the moon is a flower. Now I have no idea if those were metaphors or something. But it seems significant to how time runs in this world. Maybe? I don't know, it's just a theory.

At that moment, I was in the middle of hanging the perfectly clean linens that I passionately washed when I heard Nestaron called me.

"Penneth…" I was struggling to reach the beam and stick a peg to secure the linnen, I looked behind me and at that moment the handsome healer took the peg from my hand and did it himself. I uttered a small thanks to him with a smile. "Let me acquire a box for you to stand on later." He said with a smirk.

"I swear, if you say one more thing about my height--"  Nestaron laughed when I said that and reached his hand out to toss my already messy hair, which I still refuse to tie and still itching to cut.

"I give my thanks to you for lending us a hand, your help is very much appreciated."

I waved my hand once. "Nah, I volunteered to do this and I'm always happy to help. Besides, it isn't that much."

"You are very kind. Are you tired? Do not overexert yourself, remember you have just recovered."

"Don't worry, I'm cool. I could do more if you guys still have things for me to do." I playfully swatted Nestaron's hand out of my head.