Chapter 42 - Ophis

Start from the beginning

"Your soooo lazy."

"Fine, I'll go then."

With a sigh and a look of defeat, Poseidon headed down and landed on the sand.

A small shockwave was generated but it didn't harm anyone since they all evacuated.

"Haahhhh, this is gonna be tiring. There better not be anyone watching" Talking to himself, he summoned his weapon, a trident, and stabbed the end of it into the ground.

Gentle ripples of light echoed from the trident and headed towards the approaching wave. It then spread into the water, effectively making it stop.

After this step, Poseidon then tried to reverse the wave, but this was the part he feared most. He felt a tough resistant force acting against him, and his defence began to shiver.

In the distance, Ciel looked in that direction, oh? Let's see how much you can struggle...

His body was slowly pushed back against the sand, and the wave also slowly crawled forward.

"Dammit..." Clenching his teeth, he pushed himself and took one step forward, once again neutralising the movement of the tsunami, but it only held for a couple seconds before he was pushed back again.

"Everyone's watching but no-ones helping... I can't stand them honestly..."

"I'll... help." Despite the pain in his muscles, he heard this voice quite clearly.

Turning his head round, he saw a young girl, looking around 15, wearing all black and blue. Her irises were an extremely deep colour and although the young look, the confidence and knowledge shown in her eyes juxtaposed her appearance.

She wore a gothic dress, with some ribbons stretching across.

Her voice was also very quiet, and feminine, but Poseidon didn't dwell on these thoughts one bit, as he knew exactly who she was.

His eyes widened, "Ophis?"

"Hm."

This was Ophis, the Dragon of Infinity.

She was one of the two dragon gods that are unrivalled in terms of strength. Ophis the embodiment of infinity, and Great Red the embodiment of dreams. As the embodiment of infinity, she was completely immortal and had infinite strength. However, despite this she was perhaps still a bit too immature for her age.

She doesn't really understand humans too much, and is very easily manipulated. She used to live in the dimensional gap, but according to her, Great Red kicked her out and all this time she has been trying to go back. She calls it 'regaining her silence', whatever that means.

Existing since the dawn of creation, she has seen many things. This is why she knew that the tsunami was unnatural and suspicious. She would never normally help the self-proclaimed gods out, but this time she also wanted to investigate. Ever since a couple months ago, the universe has been a mess. She felt multiple merge together by an unknown force, but didn't think too much about it.

This time though, her curiosity got the better of her.

Putting her small delicate hands on the muscular Poseidon, she channelled a bit of her power, and all of a sudden the wave was instantly solved.

The water gracefully flowed back into the ocean like nothing ever happened.

"I am grateful." Even the arrogant Poseidon could only be respectful and bow in the presence of such a being.

"Mm." Nodding without a reply, she looked back at the retreating wave and walked straight into the ocean.

The resistance of the water seemed to have no effect on her, just like with Ciel and Rimuru.