Chapter four

Akaza's POV:

That was a ridiculously annoying fight. It's weird to try to hold back even though someone is trying to kill you. I thought Kyojuro would be mad that I flung the other hashira across the forest, but he wasn't and told me to run instead.

So, as I ran away I got farther and farther from the mansion, I was just going to stay in the house that I had stayed in for the past few days.

I was nearly there when the sun began to rise more, and then that's when I felt it...

Muzan was summoning me.

I'm going to die.

I tried to fight it, but it's impossible. He's the king of all demons, his word is law. And even though before I would have never fought it, I just had to, I don't want to die. I don't want to lose Kyojuro.

I fell on the floor in the Infinity Castle. And there he was, staring down at me. I don't know why he didn't summon me before.. but I'm glad he didn't, I got to spend more time with Kyojuro, and for some reason, I care about his life more than my own.

"Akaza... you know why you're here, correct?" Muzan said in my ear.

I nodded, "To die."

"Yes, but why? Why have I chosen to kill the Upper 3 demon? My third most strong demon?"

I looked down and didn't say anything.

Muzan grabbed my face and forced me to look him in the eyes. "Go on."

"I-I... don't want to kill Kyojuro."

He grabbed my arm with his other hand and crushed it, obviously losing patience with me. "But, why?"

"I love him."

He stabbed me in the chest and said, "There, that wasn't so hard, was it?"

I coughed up blood, and just stared at him, not answering.

"Now then, let's go show your hashira what happens when you fall in love with one my demons."

My eyes were full of terror, he can't hurt Kyojuro...

"Oh, Akaza. But, I can." He smirked as he read my mind.

Rengoku's POV:

A Hashira meeting was called. All nine of us, plus Master, are here to discuss what happened at the Butterfly mansion.

I'm worried, obviously. What if they see right through me? There's the fact that Akaza had one of Shinobu's bento boxes... then there's the three eye witnesses to me not trying to kill the demon.. and then there's me sneaking out every night, which somehow everyone seems to know! I was being really sneaky, too...

My mind was racing while Shinobu was talking, I didn't hear anything she said. All I could think about was what will happen to Akaza. What if they patroll the mansion, we won't be able to see eachother then. Or if he gets caught before that? They'll try to kill him if they see him, his only choice would be to fight back, ending in their most likely deaths.