Chapter three

Muzan's POV:

It's come to my attention that Akaza has still not killed that hashira or the boy with hanafuda earrings. I don't understand how it's taking so long, especially since there's been no destruction of any kind.

I sent two demon spys a few days ago, yet neither have come back, so they either couldn't find him, or they were killed.

Just as I was thinking what could have happened a demon appeared by me. It was one of the two spys I had sent to catch Akaza in the act of defiance.

"My Lord, I have returned with news of the Upper 3 demon." The demon spoke to me.

"And?"

"I believe he was having... tea time..?"

I did an excellent poker face.

"Him and the hashira were on the roof together, and when they discovered the other demon they both rushed to kill it."

I kept staring at him.

"Then afterwards, they went back to talking like nothing had happened. And when I came back the next night they were... sharing a slice of cake..."

Huh? Demons can't digest food. This demon is so unreliable.

"And you're sure he was eating human food?" I demanded an answer.

"Yes! I'm positive. I was just as confused as you are!"

"Confused? You think I'm confused?" I glared at the demon, "Tell me the rest of what happened, now."

"W-well.. everytime a demon came by they would fight it together.."

WHAT?!

"Then last night, they were having a picnic on the roof."

"That's enough." I struck him and he fell to the floor, dying.

Tanjiro's POV:

I'm still worried about Mr. Rengoku, one night I saw him climb out the window! Also if he's going on all these missions how come I haven't seen any Kasugai crows around??

I decided to go see Miss Kocho, when I found her office I knocked on the door and waited for her answer.

Shinobu opened the door, "Moshi moshi?"

"Miss Kocho! I have an important question." She nodded at me. "Has Mr. Rengoku been sent on any missions since the incident on the Mugen train?"

"No, not that I know of. He's been in the same room as you, resting."

"Oh..."

"Why? Is he trying to sneak out and train??? I told him not to."

"Oh uh.. no. I was just wondering."

"So, because you were wondering, you came over here to ask me an 'important' question?"

"Uh... yes?"