"I love you. I'm not leavin'. I'll be right here when you wake up." Amir confirmed kissing Sabrina's forehead.

When they came back into the visiting area, Meeka and Bobby were there talking with Sabrina's family. Meeka approached Amir first.

"Hi Amir, I'm Tameeka. I rode in the ambulance with Sabrina. Can I talk to you for a second?"

Once they were away from the group, she spoke again, "They told me that because she's not very far along, the chances of the baby surviving are small. They'd have to check her HCG levels for a few days because, in pregnancy, they double every other day or so, so if the numbers start dropping then they'll know."

He closed his eyes tight and drew a deep breath, collecting himself, "Did you tell her parents?" He asked.

"No, but you should. And make sure the doctors are monitoring that number. They acted like they didn't care. You have to advocate for her until she can."

"Thank you, for being with her."

"I wish I could tell you congratulations under better circumstances. She couldn't stop cheesing telling me how happy she was."

Amir dropped his head and sighed. "There's videos circulating already."

"I know." Her voice cracked. "Sabrina didn't deserve that, and Nick can go to hell." She said before walking away.

Amir went back to her parents and told them the unfortunate news. Sabrina's mother cried as she hugged him because she said she had a feeling Sabrina was pregnant but didn't want to mention it to Sabrina just in case she was wrong.

Mama's never wrong y'all.

Sabrina's father also embraced Amir as if he were his own son. He had a lot of respect for the young man because he tried to keep things traditional when he could.

David still appreciated how Amir came to him and asked for his daughter's hand in marriage.

He told the young man, simply, 'Whether you do it big or do it small, just keep God first, and keep everyone else out y'all business. Don't let anybody impose their opinions on your union.' So when they got engaged and then married a few weeks later, David supported them all the way.

Sabrina's parents eventually left the hospital to their hotel along with Chantelle. Amir didn't move from his spot in the waiting area.

A little before 8 p.m., the doctor came back to talk to the family.

He approached Amir, "I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name earlier. Since your wife isn't from here, we don't have her medical records all we had was her parents' information from the family members that came in with her."

"Amir Walker." He told the doctor.

"Mr. Walker, your wife's condition is looking good. We're going to wake her up in the morning and remove the ventilator. It's going to take some time for recovery, which is the hardest part once the bleeding is under control." He explained.

"And the baby?"

"We can take a blood sample tonight and another in the morning and compare her HCG levels. Your wife will need a blood transfusion for the amount of blood she lost from her injuries sustained and surgery. We can delay the transfusion to make sure we have accurate hormone levels, or we can continue normal treatment, and follow up with an ultrasound next week. Our number one priority is to make sure your wife is okay. The pregnancy may not be viable after so much trauma to the body."

"What does that mean?"

"What I mean is, we may be delaying your wife's recovery, to save a pregnancy that she may miscarry later."

Amir thought about what he was saying.

"Take some time and think about it Mr Walker. I'll come back and check on her in the morning. If you'd like you can stay in her room with her since you're her spouse. Let the rest of the family know normal visiting hours start back at 9 a.m." The doctor said before he walked away.

Amir went downstairs to the parking lot to get his backpack out of the rental car to stay the night at the hospital. While he was in the car, he got a call from Kirk.

"Sup foe," Amir answered.

"What's good fam?"

"Doctors said she's looking good. They're gonna wake her in the morning and then we'll look to recovery."

"I'm praying for her, brudda."

"Preciate you, for real."

"Team made a statement. They released him this afternoon. No one knows where he is, but he might still be in NoLa. Keep your eyes open. I'm sure he knows what hospital she's in."

"Good lookin' out."