Chapter 40 - The Universes

Zacznij od początku

After a minute of this, he regained composure, and stood up. It turns out he grew a couple inches taller. His muscles also grew but not too much, enough to see his build.

Strangely enough, he no longer felt hungry or thirsty – or powerless for that matter.

He looked at his own two hands, then he stared at the sword stabbed in the ground with a note on top. The girl had long left.

"This sword's name is Excalibur Morgan, the arch nemesis of the King of the Kingdom of Knight's sword Excalibur. It's strength is on par with it, depending on it's use. From now on your name shall be Merlin." He read aloud.

"This was really unexpected... who really are you?" Leaving with this tone of confusion, he grabbed the sword with one hand and pulled it out to reveal its darkness in all its glory.

"From now on I am known as Merlin, and I will be the nemesis of the Kingdom of Knights."

That was the day recorded in history as the birth of the corrupted knight.

He first went and destroyed the villages that oppressed people. From the innocents he saved, they decided to follow him after a round of brainwashing and he continued to repeat this process.

Weeks later, he took the over a thousand people to a new terrain.

Even though he encountered high ranking knights along the way, they were truly no match for him who has overwhelming strength.

10 years later, he ruled the new Kingdom of Darkness as the first king Merlin. The size of the capital was on par with that of the Kingdom of Knights, and from there on, they constantly clashed swords.

5 years later, both kings King Lancelot and King Merlin clashed blades, resulting in the death of Lancelot, but a seriously injured Merlin.

On his death bed, he appointed his strongest son as his successor, known as Merlin II, and the same could be said for the other kingdom.

When their king died, his child inherited the throne and his power.

Both rulers obtained the divine power that was bestowed upon them by their father and firmly took their respective weapons.

Throughout history, hundreds of kings would pass, and each one died due to a clash with another. There was no definite winner. Each generation, it would either be one or the other dead, and this cycle would repeat for god knows how long...

But that was for the future. For now, Artoria Alter left the now named Merlin who picked up a fake version of Excalibur Morgan, and returned to the spectator's area.

...

There existed two major forces in this world, the humans and demons. Both have been at war for as long as they can remember. There were others, but they lived on a separate continent.

At the very start, it was just demons hunting humans for food and humans hunting demons for entertainment and sometimes food as well, but it was until recently that a major change came about.

A human child, on the brink of death, saw a goddess descend before his eyes. The goddess smiled and her voice resonated in his mind. Somehow, it sounded faint but clear, and her intentions were obvious.

In the physical world, the boy stood up and looked into the sky. A beam of sunlight penetrated through the clouds and a golden sword flew down and jabbed itself into the earth. Surprisingly, no one was harmed from this. The boy then picked up the sword and vowed to kill the demons. The sheer intensity of the light was enough to scare of the demons in pursuit.

Meanwhile, on the other side deep in the mountains, a girl with horns was split up from her pack. She looked quite small and underfed.

Cuddling with herself in a cave, she closed her eyes and hoped that the humans outside would pass without noticing her.