🍃69 - Different than Intended (1)

Start from the beginning

"Young master-nim, we can move now. The carriage is prepared."
"Great."

Cale nodded at Billos's statement and got off the ship. He started to speak after taking his first step into the Whipper Kingdom.

"It doesn't smell that good."

Cale sniffed the musky smell of the burnt and destroyed buildings as he headed to the residence Billos had prepared for him. He started to speak to Billos once he got to his room.

"You prepared quite well."

Cale complimented Billos, who had prepared the quietest residence by the port, a carriage with the Flynn Merchant Guild crest, as well as all of the other tiny details.

Billos shrugged his shoulders as Cale asked one more thing.

"Did you make sure to do it quietly without others knowing about it?"
"Isn't that only natural?"

Cale smiled and responded back after seeing the greedy gaze in Billos's eyes.

"I knew I liked you."
"You as well, young master-nim."

Cale leaned on the couch as he casually asked.

"Victory?"

Billos slowly nodded his head with a sincere expression.

"Yes. It was as you explained, young master-nim."
"I see."

In the end, no, as expected, the non-mage faction had been victorious. Cale had arrived right on time for the end of the Civil War.
There was only one thing that signaled the end of the Civil War.

The destroyed Magic Tower.
The fall of the mages' final fortress signaled the end of the Civil War. Of course, there were still things to take care of afterward the war.

"That non-mage faction was wilder than I had expected."

Billos started to frown as he described the Civil War.

"They seem like they are not afraid of death and like they are only focused on killing mages."

Billos's shoulders shook a bit as he tried to recall how it looked before the Civil War compared to the current situation. These two periods of time were the best time for him to make some money.
However, he had seen much more than that.

"They were especially scary whenever the citizens with magic resistance showed up in large numbers or took the vanguard."

The biggest influence in the battle between the mage faction and the non-mage faction was this, 'magic resistance.'

These citizens with magic resistance were slowly born through the generations, and the fact that there were only a few of them, as well as the fact that they could not learn any magic, made their lives difficult in the Whipper Kingdom.

However, these citizens with magic resistance were born in large numbers during this generation, which ended up becoming an advantage for the non-mage faction.

The citizens considered this as a sign from nature that they were to kill those arrogant mages who believed they could rule over nature with their mana.

"This is especially true for the person named Toonka, the one in charge of the non-mage faction."

Cale was just silently listening.

"That man and his direct subordinates really seemed to move based on instinct. I saw him just once from a distance and he was pulling a mage's neck off with his bare hands. You don't know how terrifying that was to witness."

Sigh.

Billos let out a sigh as he shook his head.

"I couldn't even sleep properly that night. Just thinking about Toonka and his direct subordinates still makes me feel sick."