Chapter 8: Visible "Changes"

It's been more than a week now ever since the date with Alya. And since then, my relationship with her has improved quite a lot, not to mention that I was invited inside their house by Alya's parents after I sent her home when they spotted me.

[I'm still at volume 2 so I'll just speculate what are Alya's parents like. I'll just correct this once I finish catching up with the series.]

I tried to refuse their invitation but as how things took a turn at that time, they refuse my refusal. I'm not really the type to feel nervous or something along those lines, well, not really nervous, but the atmosphere was somehow very awkward.

It felt like I was visiting Alya's parents to ask for their daughter's hand in marriage. As for Alya, well, she was as red as a tomato the whole time when I was having conversation with her father about the student council election and the plans me and Alya came up to win, which eventually gave me ans Alya out.

The subject of our conversation took a massive turn, from school politics to romance, where even marriage was mentioned. Speaking of teenage romance, I kept my lips sealed about my deal with Alya if ever she wins the election.

Otherwise, Alya might not take it and she might pass out in embarrassment.

Of course, just like the answer I gave to Mr. Arzenon, I refused his offer with the exact same reasoning-- I want Alya and I to spend our youth as much as possible. After all, marriage isn't just all about happiness.

If that were to happen, there might come a time that Alya and I will quarrel over the smallest things, and since we don't know each other that much, divorce will eventually happen.

Mr. Mikhailovna seemed impressed about my reasoning and eventually came to agree with my reasons with a smile.

Eventually, as time came to pass, it was my time to leave. However, before Alya sent me off in front of their house, I heard Alya's father mutter in Russian about him rooting for me and Alya, to which Alya's reaction seemed full of joy.

[Not a bad kid. I'll place Alya in your hands, Mr. Ayanokouji. If that time comes, please take care of her.]

I pretended not to hear and understand anything and bid my farewell before going home.

Currently, I am in my apartment, having indoor games and activities with Yuki who came to visit me earlier morning. I thought that she has something important to tell me knowing her but I guess I was just overthinking things and now I am all alone with her in a room.

"Kiyotaka? You have been spacing out for awhile now. Is there something bothering you?" Yuki asked. Her voice dragged me out of my thoughts.

"Well, not really. I was just figuring out what to do in the upcoming elections for Alya to win against a formidable opponent like Suou Yuki. With how the things currently are, I doubt we would win."

Yuki seemed not happy when I deliberately brought Alya into the subject of our conversation so I asked what's with her reaction. "What's with the frown, Yuki?"

"...You've changed, Kiyotaka," she murmured. "Normally, you are not the type of person to go out of his way and spend this much effort for someone else and yet here you are, going to such lengths of abandoning the peaceful high school life you wanted just for someone else's sake-for Kujou's sake... I know it sounds rude, but you were selfish, Kiyotaka. You've never cared for anyone or anybody but yourself, even for me. I honestly feel jealous of Kujou because of the attention you are giving her."