2

"i want sour candy." jisung announced as minho pulled into a mostly empty gas station.

"then go get some." minho chuckled as he got out to pump the gas.

"do you want anything?" jisung asked as he got out.

"hmmm...actually wait for me. i'll go with you." minho gave a small smile as jisung walked to his side.

"okay, i'll pay for the snacks since you're paying the gas." jisung nodded.

"you sure?" minho furrowed his eyebrows.

"hyung, this was my idea, wasn't it?" jisung chuckled.

"okay, fine." minho sighed as he removed the gas pump from his tank.

the two walked into the gas station, jisung smiling as he grabbed minhos arm. he pulled him towards the slushees. he grabbed two extra-large cups, handing one to minho.

"you get cherry?" jisung asked as minho pressed the handle down for the cherry slushee.

"yeah, what about it?" minho chuckled.

"blue raspberry is superior." jisung shrugged as he got his slushee.

"mmmmm, i think they're both the most basic flavors. but they're favorited for a reason." minho shrugged, getting them both lids and straws.

"you have a point, lee minho." jisung nodded as he walked to the candy aisle. minho followed behind him, the two grabbing different sour candies of their choice.

"how much sour candy do you need?" minho chuckled as jisung grabbed nearly every kind of sour candy.

"all of it." jisung smiled.

the two approached the check out, setting their items on the counter.

"will this be all for you two?" the cashier asked.

"can i also get three packs of the marlboro lights?" jisung smiled.

"of course." she nodded.

"three? chain smoker." minho chuckled. "and marlboro lights, really?"

"are you paying?" jisung glared at him. "then shut up."

"fine, fine, smoke what you want." minho chuckled.

"oh, i will." jisung mocked minhos tone.

"good." minho nodded with a smile.

"you suck." jisung rolled his eyes, paying for their things as minho took the bag and his slushee.

"have a good night." the cashier smiled.

"thank you, you too." jisung smiled as he grabbed his slushee, following minho to the car.

"let's stop at a hotel near here." minho spoke as he got in, starting his car.

"sounds good." jisung nodded.

"there's plenty around here, i just have to drive into the city." minho sighed.

"i love the city." jisung said with a small smile.

"i don't. the city makes me feel trapped between big buildings and people who are assholes for no reason. there's so much light pollution that you can't see the stars and it's far too crowded." minho shook his head.

"the city makes me feel free. i feel like i can be who i am and not worry. not like when i'm stuck in a shitty town with the same shitty people you grew up with who talk far too much about other peoples business. but i do appreciate the beauty of nature in the countryside." jisung nodded.

"i see where you're coming from." minho nodded. "people just suck. i hate people."

"you don't seem to hate me." jisung shrugged.

"oh cmon. a pretty stranger who cries at abandoned playgrounds and chain smokes cigarettes? a pretty stranger who lives for the thrill and decided to runaway with me the same night we met? why would i hate you?" minho chuckled.

"oh, so i'm a pretty stranger?" jisung giggled.

"yes." minho nodded. "there's a nice hotel up here, let's stop there."

"okay." jisung chuckled.

🚬

"what room was it again?" minho asked.

"505." jisung answered, leading minho down the hall. "here." jisung unlocked the door, the two entering.

"dibs on the wall bed." minho plopped down onto the bed closest to the wall.

"you suck." jisung rolled his eyes.

"how'd you know?" minho playfully rolled his eyes.

"shut up!" jisung laughed.

"what? i'm just saying." minho shrugged as he laughed.

"well..don't say!" jisung threw a pillow at him.

"fine, hater." minho rolled his eyes. "have you eaten dinner?"

"no." jisung shook his head.

"i'll order some uber eats, what do you want?" minho asked.

"i'm craving bulgogi." jisung shrugged.

"oh i know the best place, okay let me order." minho nodded.

"thank you hyung." jisung smiled.

"of course. i'll go down and get our food when it gets here." minho nodded.

"no really, thank you. i needed an escape." jisung chuckled.

"...so did i." minho nodded with a soft smile. "let's be each others escape from now on."

"yeah, sounds good." jisung nodded.

a/n: i am so excited for this book to unfold oh my god. how are you doing my loves? i'm doing pretty well!