Chapter 1: Origins

In a world, where not all men were born equal, Jaime Reyes was unfortunately one of the unequal men. Jaime was born into a world full of superpowers, which were called quirks.

Over 80% of earth's population had a quirk, though the other 20% percent weren't so lucky. Due to these powers, many began to commit crimes and other illegal activities due to selfish desires, or circumstances. This caused the profession of Hero to arise, allowing anyone willing to fight for the good of the people to use their quirks to fight villains. Some join for fame or fortune, while others join for personal reasons.

Though of course like any other kid Jaime wanted to become a pro hero. This was before he discovered he was born quirkless. After finding out this news, Jaime quickly realized that he couldn't be a hero and decided to lead a normal life. Though deep down Jaime still wanted to find some way to help people in need with or without powers, so Jaime began to set his goals to that instead.

Thought that all would quickly end in one single night.

6 p.m. AFTER SCHOOL: 1 week until the U.A. Entrance Exam

It was late at night after Jaime had gotten done with his training after school. Jaime trained in martial arts due to his mother's worries about him being mugged on the street.

He was currently walking home with his friend Hanata Sero, a boy with a quirk that let him shoot tape from his elbows. Jaime had known Sero due to his mother's friendship with his parents, and the two managed to shoot the shit.

Currently, Jaime is talking on the phone with his mom.

Bianca: Jaime, it's quite late already. You should get home soon, there could be an attack.

Jaime: Don't worry, Mom. I'm on my way home now, just about to take a shortcut.

Suddenly Sero snatched Jaime's phone away.

Sero: Don't worry Miss Reyes, you've got nothin' to fear! I'll make sure Jaime doesn't get his wallet stolen unless it's me.

Bianca: Thank you for staying with Jaime, Sero. These streets are getting more dangerous now...

Jaime snatched his phone back.

Jaime: I told you I can handle myself.

Bianca: Okay, just hurry. I couldn't stand to see my little boy hurt.

Jaime: Mom, I'm not a kid anymore. Don't worry I'll be fine. Adiós.

Hanging up the phone Jaime and Sero began walking past Kord industry, a very popular support item company. It was originally owned by Ted Kord, though he is believed to be dead due to sudden disappearance.

As they walked something unexpected happened. One of the top levels of the building exploded, knocking them back.

Jaime: What the hell?!

Sero: What was that?!

Getting up, Jaime noticed his shirt was on fire, so he took it off and threw it away. The duo looked at the building in shock.

Jaime: Dude, call the police!

Sero began to contact the authorities, while Jaime couldn't help but notice something sticking from beneath some rubble. With his curiosity taking over, he bent down and moved the rubble, only to reveal some blue metal beetle thing.

Sero: What is that?

Jaime: I don't know...

Sero: I don't think you should touch it. It belongs to Kord.