Chapter 26

Third person pov

"Baby I wanna ask you something?" He said to Bella who was in sleepy mode but got alert with his sudden eager to ask something.

She just hummed to act normal whereas her heart is about jump out of her chest.

"Have you ever lied to me?" He asked her knowing the truth but wanting to test her if she would confess it on her own.

"Zane I want to ask you something" she said in a sad tone with tears started to come out of her eyes. She still not being able to forget the things she saw this morning. It keeps on appearing in the side wall of her brain. Even if today she enjoyed her best time ever but still not being able to forget the horrific scene.

"What is it?" He asked concentrating his eyes on her.

"What you did to that maid? You killed her right?" With that she bust into crying.

He hugged her and trying to calm her down. "Baby listen I know it's horrifying for you but you already knew that it's a common thing in my world."

"I know that but when I saw something like that in real I can't handle it. It's keep on appearing in front of my eyes. I can't take it."

"Okay relax and calm down shush" he said running his hand in her back to make her stop crying.

"I....I didn't wanted to marry a criminal like you but for a moment I thought you're a nice person and would protect me but you like killing people for your own fun. I never thought such cruel person does exist"

Her every single word is like a arrows in his chest. He kept silent to let her vomit all the frustration built in her mind.

He decided to left her in her personal space and give her some time to get in sense. So he covered her in blanket and left the room. He walked down the pool and started to take out all his anger in water by stroking and swimming. Her word are continuously repeating like a tape recorder is set.

'I didn't want to marry a criminal like you.'

Where as she keeps on crying hiding her head inside of the blanket. Slowly sleep consumed her.

Timeskips~

Bella woked up in the middle of night. She completed her sleep and now feeling fresh but still feeling slight headache.

She walked downstairs to see Zane cooking something in moonlight which is coming through the transparent wall ,making his bare chest shine.

He sensed her presence and told her to come and sit on the table in front of the kitchen island.

She did as he said and saw that he is making pancakes. She remembered the things she said in which half was truth and half she didn't mean it.

"Zane"

He just hummed in reply. ' he is upset with my words' she thought.

"I'm really sorry I didn't mean to say those thing please..." Before she could complete he came with a plate and kept his finger on her lips to stop her from futher explaining.

'Sometimes his efforts in this relationship melts my heart'. She said in her mind.

He placed the plate in front of her and told her to finish it. She did and then try to talk to him.

"Zane" she again called his name but he turned to leave.

"Please don't ignore me like this. I know I shouldn't have said those words but I can't. I'm getting insane. That bloody scene keeps appearing in front of me. It feels like she died because of me.".

"Baby let's just forgot all this. It is stressing you too much. It's not good for your health. Forget it as some nightmare and let's move on. Hmm? Now let's go to the bed." He said gesturing me to move towards the stairs but I have different plans.

"But I wanted to say something else" she said hesitantly.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I want divorce" she said straightly not wanting to hide it anymore.

He garbbed her neck with his fingers and apply slight pressure on it but not much to kill her.

Seeing this reaction of his left her shocked. She never thought he would ever do this. Both were maintaining eye contact when tears escaped from the corner of Bella's eyes.

"I said forget everything and continue our life as it was. Okay? And you better get the thoughts out of your head of getting away from me. And even if you try to escape I'm already warning you that you'll regret it. The sooner the better you accept you fate that you're stuck with me till death do us apart!" With that he left my neck and left me alone in the hall.

I run upstair and got inside the blanket and cried for hours until she got unconscious.

Next day she worked with red marks on her neck more like hand prints.

She clean up herself and applied some ominent cream for marks to fill up.

She walked downstairs to see him but can't found him anywhere. She walked outside the main door to see some gaurds standing with two black cars.

One of them informed me that Zane told them to take me home safely. I nodded and walked back to collect all the belongs and leave this house.

Ride back to the mansion was all silent.  She kept on looked outside from the window of the back seat of limousine.

She got home and went straight to the room. She feel so empty in her life.
One thing that bothering her the most  are. 'Why didn't he took me home by himself? Is he still angry? He is giving his review on divorce again? God knows what?'

Her thoughts got interrupted by a knock on the room door. She replied with come in.

A maid in her mid 30's come in with a tray in her hand filled with variety of branch stuff because I did have the breakfast and it's almost time for lunch.

She placed the tray on the mini table and was about to leave but after saying that "Master want you to be ready at shape 7 o'clock for a family business meeting. And also told you to dress nicely."

================================
Vote
Comment
Share
Date 24 Feb'23
Word count 1070