Do I like Phayu? He didn't actually make a great impression the first time I saw him. To me, he was just another good looking guy that everybody seemed to like so much. Then again, it wasn't to the point of seeing him as an ideal partner.

Who am I kidding? Even if I do like him, it's not like he'll like me back. I know he's just acting nice since I'm his superior and nothing more.

"Why are you even asking? It's not like my answer would change anything." I answered before taking another sip of coffee.

"What do you mean?" I heard Dion ask, tilting his head before facing me.

"I mean look at me." I said as Dion looked at me from head to toe.

"Cute." Dion suddenly making me slap his arm.

"That's not what I mean, you rascal. My point is, whether I like him or not, it won't matter if he doesn't feel anything for me in the first place."

I'm a guy for goodness' sake and I'm not even sure if Phayu will even like me back. Thinking that he likes me just because of those small and trivial gestures would only make me delusional.

"So if he likes you...?" Dion asks with a sly grin as if teasing me.

"Ha-ha, dream on." I answered making him chuckle.

"But he's been eyeing on you since you came back."

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Ugh, you're freaking slow. If, just if, Phayu does like you, will you date him?"

I was lost in words at Dion's question. I promised myself to stop dating people who are off my standards even by 1% and I'm afraid that Phayu might actually fill it up to a hundred percent. I fear that I might actually like him but I never thought of the possibility of him liking me back.

If he likes me back, will I really date him?

"We both know it hasn't been long since you broke up. I'm not saying that you shouldn't open up to other people but... healing a heartbreak with another never has a happy ending." Dion added making me go silent.

He's right. It's only been weeks since my last heartbreak and now I'm beginning to get interested with another person. I don't want to use Phayu, nor anyone else, as a rebound.

"Hey, what's with the vibe? Being serious doesn't suit you." I joked to break the silence between us before letting out a chuckle.

..

Somehow, Dion had a point and I decided to avoid Phayu as much as I can. I won't let him prove himself more worthy than he is now.

It's been a week since I began avoiding Phayu. I asked Dion to take over their training and he was more than happy to oblige since I just saved him from the exhausting accounting works which is now handled by the senior bookkeeper and me, I'd rather go through this than be with Phayu.

Also, I make sure to take breaks when the newbies are busy so that I won't have to meet him. Since all they had to do is filing and some documentation works, I have no reason to be close to him. That is what I thought.

"Rain, this is Phayu and he will be our new teller, teller 1. Hope you get along with him, hm?" Jared, the supervisor, said with a smile as the man I've been avoiding stood in front of me.

..

"So you click here and then type in the account number. Make sure the account name and number as the same. If not, call the client's attention because he might've made a mistake, got it?" I asked and Phayu nodded as he sat on the chair beside me.