x Chapter Three x

Start from the beginning

But then again, the pirates... They were just so...

Walking through the Ivory palace was like a dream of sorts for most people within the kingdom. It was filled to the brim with all sorts of luxuries, ranging from gold to amulets of all sorts. The maids and butlers were all dressed to their finest and the guards stood stiffly with their metal armours and a weapon in their hands. It was like a show case if anything.

Still, Arthur rushed through the palace, still clutching the amulet he found in Allistor's tent. Light foot steps would echo the hallow halls, and every now and then, a few of the servants would bow their heads down as Arthur swished by.

Quickly still, Arthur charged into the throne room, opening the wooden door and bowed stiffly to his father and mother that sat on their thrones with their royal robes decorating the ground around them. Their eyes were cold and hard as steel, but they still held a small smile that barely showed the warmth that parents should show to their children.

It was as if it was a normal occurrence for Arthur, to never have his parents greet him with a hug or a kiss on the forehead. As soon as he gave his curt bow, he continued to keep his eyes on the marble ground. To be honest, he never felt as though they were his family. It was always a tense atmosphere that coated the throne room whenever he would come in.

"Your highness," he began as his mother stared at him with curious eyes as she held a fan covering half of her. The lights flickered in the room ever so slightly as Arthur tried not to tremble. He could never deny it, he did find his parents quite intimidating at times.

"Speak," continued his father as Arthur gulped in a breath of air, trying desperately to calm down his nerves. He felt like he could just fall to pieces right now, it felt as though the whole world was watching him, and honestly, he hated it.

"I would like- Your highness, I would like to request to send a fleet out to search for a pirate crew," he stuttered as he caught a glimpse of his mother raising one of her perfectly plucked eye brows.

"And dear, prey tell why?" Came in the silky voice of his mother as Arthur's father began forming plans in his head.

"They rampaged within the kingdom and caused the civilians to-" began Arthur, allowing those words to flow from his mouth quickly.

"No, boy," interrupted the king as he held up his hand as Arthur stopped talking, "why do you want to send out a fleet?"

"Ah, surely, it is not for the good of the kingdom but for yourself, is that correct boy?" Smiled the queen beneath her fan as she leaned back in her throne slightly.

"I- Well, it is for the good of the kingdom as well!" Protested Arthur weekly as he heard his father sigh.

"You may leave," waved the king as the servants and knights bowed before marching out of the throne room hurriedly.

Placing her fan down, the queen smiled towards Arthur sympathetically as the king coughed loudly.

"Boy- no, Arthur, come here," whispered the queen as she watched her son with her green eyes.