"It is an honor, General."

Yarima continued forward, rubbing his palms together. The sweet smell of clove oil met my senses with his increased closeness. "I will try not to bruise your face. It's your first Igbankwu, is it not?"

"Yes, General. But bruises are what makes a warrior. I welcome them."

Yarima now stood close enough to tower over a five foot six Udume, and a five foot eleven me, as though we were crawlings of the earth. "A pretty face is important to attract suitors. Though I am certain you do not lack them."

Udume's airy laugh carried with it a flirtatious coyness when he said, "More suitors are always welcome, General. But please, do not go easy on me. I don't intend on going easy on you."

Yarima chuckled in his throat and I lifted my gaze, just a little to see what his smile looked like up close. I caught a glimpse of his bright pink lips widening to reveal pearly white teeth, before his gaze fluttered to mine and I shuddered away.

"The challenge is anticipated, young Obi." He tapped Udume's shoulder, then turned away, giving us both the perfect view of his perky solid oiled ass, jiggling as he walked towards the grounds. The wrapper went in between his ass cheeks and around his waist. Little was left to the imagination.

Udume and I swallowed at the same time before the deep breath he drew whilst turning to me snapped me out of the daze I was in. "Get him by his neck, you said?"

I nodded, keeping my gaze low, praying to Ala to prevent my skin from turning red. I was one to show it whenever I flushed.

"Well, I'll make sure I'm below him when I do." Udume grinned. "With my legs wide open." He laughed and I refrained from joining him. "You don't think that's funny?"

My gaze shot up. "No no no! Obi, I–"

"I'm joking, Slave. You whities turn red over every little thing." He laughed as he turned away, marching into the oiling chamber.

It was barely a minute after he disappeared into the oiling chamber that I began speed walking down the passage, towards the basement beneath the colosseum where servants were made to wait. I jogged down the stairs, and dashed into the crowded basement filled with the quiet muttering of servants, frantically searching for the servant with the white scarf around her arm.

"Nimah?" someone whispered from behind and I spun around.

A young pale girl, no older than the age of ten, stood with a white scarf around her right arm. I nodded. She turned and began to sprint towards the exit. I followed her quick steps closely.

She swiped a burning torch from the wall and continued to race down into the lowest darkest part of the colosseum. We were quiet and hasty. If enforcers found us where we weren't supposed to be, in a shrine that belonged to Amadioha. Hanging could've been our fate.

We skittered through tiny brick passageways filled with cobwebs and dust. The little girl never took a pause or missed a step. Moving like she had run through those passages a hundred times prior. She made a quick left turn and I followed into what appeared to be a sewage drainage system. The foul stench of feces and urine traveled down my lungs and I gagged.

She jumped in and I jumped in after a few seconds of hesitation, both of us quickly moving through knee-length feces filled water.

It was a few minutes before we walked out into an open stream and I inhaled a desperate breath of fresh air, bending over when I tasted the bile on my tongue. When I lifted my gaze, the little girl was gawking at me as though there was something wrong with me. She eyed me and turned around, picking up her pace. I swallowed my vomit and I followed her to a fresh spring surrounded by tall grasses.