7 : Prince Alexander and Kim Lee Hyu

Caution!

The following contains dark themes. Self loathing and suicide are present in multiple chapters. This story gets lighter as it progress, but be advised that the beginning is rather dark.

Current chapter has depictions of mentions of child abuse and torture,implied violence, mentions of death, mentions of self-harm, and psychological distress. Please be warned.

————————————————————————————————————

Sometimes before Kim Lee Hyu awoke from his coma...

Long white hair, so white it looked like snow, framed narrow emerald eyes.

The man was tall, dwarfing everyone around him, making him stand out painfully. The light seemed to follow him everywhere, his hair glowing ethereally white. His face seemed to be sculpted by the Gods, with sharp cheekbones and a strong jaw. His handsome face was perfectly dusted with a healthy blush as his long white lashes fluttered softly. Despite being over 40, the man didn't look a day over 20.

His eyes stared out into a small palace far away from the main castle, a frown on his face. Anger, hate, guilt, and shame, all these feelings piling deep in his heart. Yet, as of now, he could only feel annoyance. There was a lot to think about, especially with the child residing in that palace.

"Greeting and glory to your imperial majesty" a man in dark attire said, appearing from the shadows, bowing down on one knee.

Emerald eyes turned to the man in black, a cold look in them. He has returned it seems with news of that child that should have lived his life quietly, out of his eyes, out of his view. The singular shame to his family, the child that stole his most beloved from him. That cursed thing that didn't even look like her. No, there wasn't any point thinking like this now.

None the less, the Emperor looked at him for a few minutes before nodding, letting the man in black speak.

"The investigation of the treatment of the fourth prince has finished, we have compiled everything in this scroll, your imperial majesty" the man said, handing the scroll to the white haired man.

The Emperor opened the scroll, frowning at how long it seemed to be. A report about that child didn't have to be this long. Truthfully, the white-haired man would have never investigated anything about that child. Even when Diland had asked him, he hadn't done a single thing.

Ah Diland, he was honestly too soft. Of course, the young man would end up caring about that child. No, the only reason he had done the investigation is because of the pope. The priest, Sora was it, must have complained to the pope. And of course, that foolishly naive man listened to someone lesser than him.

Nonetheless, he began to read the scroll, reading through the text with boredom. It was just some minor disrespect, something any noble could easily deal with. Nothing seemed important yet. At least, at the start. What seemed like some pointless bullying done to a spineless prince slowly devolved into something darker, something worse. With every new sentence he read, the colder the room seemed to get. The man in black continued to stay in his knees, not moving an inch despite the Emperor's growing anger.

Finally, after an hour of carefully reading the scroll, he placed it down. His face contorted in a cold rage as he threw the damned thing.

"Bring this to Diland, let him do as he sees fit" was his command. The man in black carefully took the scroll in disappeared into the dark night.