5 : Change in Treatment

Caution!

The following contains dark themes. Self loathing and suicide are present in multiple chapters. This story gets lighter as it progress, but be advised that the beginning is rather dark.

Current chapter has depictions of Paranoia, implied child neglect and abuse, reference of torture, as well as psychological distress. Please be warned.
————————————————————————————————————

A few weeks before Kim Lee Hyu woke up...

"Did you hear?"

"They say that the fourth prince is hurt"

"He's just looking for attention, I bet that in a day he'll just suddenly feel better"

The servants gossiped with one another, some even holding malicious smiles on their faces. It was horrendous behavior, insulting a child, a child who was deadly hurt, yet they insult him like it was nothing.

Sora is a patient man.

After all, being a priest required a lot of patience, especially when dealing with (shitty)nobles. He was patient even when others cursed at his face, yelling insult after insult, Sora would just smile. It almost seemed like nothing could break his peaceful tranquility. But Sora was never patient with people who harmed children.

He understood those who did it by accident, or those who were simply defending themselves. After all, many children could easily overpower normal commoners with just a little bit of mana training.

But anyone who willingly, knowingly, harmed a child? Sora might be a priest, but he isn't afraid to use the power of light and shove it down their miserable throats.

That said, the blond was barely tolerating a single person in this forsaken palace, if it can even be called that. Sure on the outside it was as magnificent and as luxurious as any other of the palaces, but the inside showed a different picture. It was better than anything a commoner could live in, but for nobility? For royalty? It was insultingly bare.

Where the rooms, the hallways even, of each wall in the other palaces were lined and decorated in gold, this palace had barely any. There seemed to be mold in certain corners, not too moldy thanks to a certain butler's hard work, but still moldy. It was called the Abandoned Palace for a reason after all.

The vases, although clean, look old in a second hand in a way. Everything seemed like it was just the extras of the other palaces. If not that, then it looked like it could be bought somewhere down the markets, not a single obviously valuable item in the line. Even the candles they used were something even a low ranking noble would use. Which was bullshit since Sora knows that royals are even more materialistic and would rather be caught dead than use such cheap materials.

It was such a hallowed palace, obviously abandoned.

Sora will give credit where credit is due, the head butler did a good job, and the place looked better than what he expected.

From what he's heard from other healers, deputy butler Diland has thankfully made the Opal Palace more livable, someplace a child could stay in without getting poisoned by mold or something.

It's a shame the only other sensible person in this place has only been recently added in here. They should have sent the butler to this place long before.

But the horrid state of the palace isn't what actually angers Sora, it's the neglect that the other servants have so obviously done. Sora isn't blind, he might not have the full picture, but even he could see that the only other servant who seems to give a damn about the literal dying child is the head butler.