Chapter 38 - Hunters... Assemble!

Start from the beginning

She looked up at the Tokyo Sky Tree.

"Impressive, even in this world everything is almost exactly the same."

She sat down on a bench and relaxed whilst the traffic lights turned green and all the cars started going.

When it turned red again and all cars stopped, a massive figure who was not there before could be seen across the road, and he started to walk in an ordinary fashion towards her.

He wore bright clothes and also sunglasses, but it was on his head instead of over his eyes. He had long blonde hair, green eyes and a toothy smile was plastered across his face.

This was Thomas Andre, the strongest national hunter in the world.

He was the son of a poor European immigrant family and spent his childhood surrounded by enemies. In order to survive, he became a brawler and proved his natural talent for domination repeatedly through an endless series of fighting with those who opposed him.

When the gates appeared and hunter became a thing, he also grasped this opportunity to become one of the strongest.

This was also the source of his confidence whilst approaching the enemy. With him and everyone else around it would go quite well... that's what he thought anyway.

"Excuse me, could I sit here?"

He spoke American, and as he expected the person replied back in the same language.

"Be my guest."

He sat on the opposite side of the bench, and his arms propped themselves on the top. He spread his shoulders across the bench to carry the confident and mature look he wanted.

It was silent between them for a while as both just stared into space, and it was Thomas that broke it first, "who are you?"

"Ciel."

"One word answers huh? I see how it is. Then, why did you kill all those people?"

"For information."

A tick mark appeared on his forehead and sparks of anger lit inside his heart, since he didn't support her methods of information gathering at all, but he supressed his urge to smack her for now and carried on the conversation.

"But why? Why did you kill all those people just for information? There were better ways."

"Yes, and I tried every single way, didn't I? Not only can I get all the memories of those I kill, but I also went into all the secret databases of the most powerful countries."

"And what information are you searching for?"

"I don't really know, but probably why I am here. You see, I wanted to use my own efforts to find that out instead of spoilers."

"You don't even know?" At this point he was on the verge of breaking. Kill all those people just for a useless goal? He was absolutely furious.

"We will kill you today."

"Oh really? Then stop with the meaningless illusions already and let's get started."

Suddenly, the entire city became a ripple and started to fade out. Instead, it was replaced with a vast field of grass. Vast but deserted. The only signs of life were the hundreds of hunters ranging from A to S class dotted about and hundreds of mythical beasts in front.

To the side, Ciel could see a few familiar faces, including the shadow guy from the dungeon.

"It is nice how I have such a welcoming party. It must've been quite hard to assemble everyone in like an hour, props to yous." She first began her praise, and lowered the morales of everyone.