"I want to see my mum," said Lyla.

"Okay," replied Landon.

"Okay? Really? Okay?"

"Yes, okay. You deserve to see your mother and I shouldn't have said no."

"And it is past my first transformation. That's what you were worried about."

"That, too," Landon agreed.

"So, I can really go and see her? I know she would love to meet you," replied Lyla.

"Yes, you can. Just don't tell her about the werewolf stuff. Don't let her see your tattoo and everything should be fine."

"How am I supposed to hide it?"

"Don't you have make up or something to cover it? I thought all girls were in love with make up."

"I do have some make up but I am not in love with it."

"What about foundation, or something, it will cover it."

"I guess it will."

"Then go and try that."

Lyla went to go and try this strange request. Foundation on her wrist was not something she thought that she would be doing but she was going to do it anyway. Lyla knew that her mother would hit the roof when she found out that she got a tattoo. She was never over the moon when Hamish came home with his first tattoo and she hated the fact that her son had to come home with more and more until his arms were covered in tattoos. So she would not be happy that her daughter had one now so maybe covering it up would be for the best.

"This is a little weird," said Lyla when she finished covering the tattoo.

"It might be. But it is for the best. You are seventeen so you shouldn't have a tattoo," replied Landon.

"Are you really saying that we can go and see my mum?"

"Yes, we can, darling. I just hope I won't scare her too much."

"You won't. She will love you."

"Let's hope."

Landon quickly finished getting his packing done and he was soon ready to go to Lyla's mother. Landon very rarely got nervous but this time he was. He was a werewolf who was dating a human's daughter. Lyla's mother still thought that her daughter was human and as far as Landon was concerned, she was not going to find out about the werewolf world. Not just yet because she wasn't ready for it and Landon knew that Lyla wouldn't want her mother scared of her.

"Ready to go, darling?" asked Landon.

Lyla eagerly hopped up and nodded. She was always going to be ready to see her mother because she hadn't seen her for such a long time. So of course she was going to be ready to see her and she only wished that she could get to her house a whole lot faster right now.

"Where is Hamish? Does he want to come?" asked Landon.

"I am sure he does. But I think he wants to be alone for a while," replied Lyla.

"He has left your side? He has been sticking to you like glue lately."

"I know he has. I told him to take a break."

"I am glad he listened."

"So am I."

Lyla and Landon made their way to the car and they made their way back to Lyla's mother's house. Lyla smiled when Landon parked the car in front of her house. It had been such a long time since she had been here but there was one thing that worried her despite her happiness. It was the fact that she was going to have to come up with an excuse as to why she was gone. She would have to come up with an excuse as to why she changed schools. Maybe Landon would be able to help her with that.