Shaadi - Decision

Start from the beginning

Amrita stands up, and moves near Veer and Kriti.

"I was stupid, mujhe maaf krdo. But mujhe yeh baby nahi chahiye. Doctor ne kaha hai ki meri pregnancy abort krenge toh complications honge. But please I don't want this baby, it'll ruin my life."

.

.

.

.

.

.

Kirti and Veer were cuddling in bed, both silently thinking about what Amrita had said. Kirti gazes up at Veer.

"Suniye."

(Listen.)

"Hmmmm."

"Amrita ne joh kaha, ki who baache ko rakhna nahi chaahti. Aapke dil mein woh sun kr daar paida nahi hota. Doctor ne kaha hai ki abort nahi kr sakte, toh woh paida hone ke baad kya hoga uska?"

(What Amrita says, that she won't take care of the child. Does your heart not fear? Doctor said it will be complicated to abort, then what will happen after the birth of the child?)

"Pata nahi jaan. Pr jis hisaab se woh baat kr rahi thi, woh baby ko aapne paas nahi rakhe gi. Aur agar rakhna pada toh usse aachi parvarish nahi degi."

(I know love, Based on the way she was talking, she won;t keep the baby with her. And is she has to, then she will neglect them.)

Silence fell in their room and the couple thought about the baby.

"Ji, mein kya keh rahi thi. Kyun na baby ko hum rakh lein?"

(Umm, I was saying that why don't be keep the baby?)

"Hum?"

(Us?)

"Ji. Sochiye na, humara baby hoga bas kuch hi mahino mein. Aur baby ko bhi aachi parvarish bhi mil jayegi."

(Yes. Just think about it, we'll have a baby in a few months. And we won't be neglectful , the baby will have a good upbringing.)

Veer thought about it a little. He knew he wanted lots of kids and if this was God's way of giving them their first one then who was he to refuse?

"Are you sure?"

"Ji!"

(Yes.)

"Okay, mein adoption ke papers tyaar krwata hun. Aur ghar waalon ko bata dun ga."

(Okay, I'll get the adoption papers ready. and then tell everyone at home.)

"Hum unse poochein ge nahi?"

(We won't ask them?)

"Nahi. Issme poochna kya hai."

(No, what's there to ask.)

Flashback over –

Kirti took care of Amrita through her pregnancy, and watching this bhuaji came to realise her mistake of judging the pure soul. And as for Riya, she realised her family had become distant from her as her actions had hurt them. She came to understand that her brother was far too in love with his wife for them to ever separate. So she gave up on plotting against Kirti. She never accepted her either though.

Kabir put a hand on his son's shoulder to stop his pacing, "the baby will be fine. Sit down here."

About an hour later the sound of loud crying fell in Veer's ears. He sat up straight, knowing that Kirti was in there and probably overwhelmed by the arrival of their child. She was probably having her skin-to-skin moment before breastfeeding the child.

It was clearly written in the adoption contract that as Kirti is going to be the mother, Amrita will have no right to touch the baby after its birth.

Not long after, Kirti stepped out of the room, with a baby cradled in her arms as she walks over to her husband, with teary eyes.

"Veer ji, humme beta hua hai."

(Veer ji, we have a son.)

Veer and Kirti doted on their son and the family impatiently waited for their turn.

Just the epilogue left!

Did you like the chapter?

Remember to vote, comment and share the story!