The click of a gun being loaded rang in my ears.

“Took ill on Thursday!”

My cane turned on and the buzzing overpowered all other sounds.

“Grew worse on Friday.” My voice was steadier.

The sound of footsteps ceased.

“Died on Saturday.” I was back to a singsong voice, looking around me. I was currently in the middle of a four-way intersection.

Plop. Plop. Plop! Plop! SPLASH!

“Buried on Sunday.” My voice changed to Storm’s, scary and nightmarish as I faced the southern tunnel.

A person appeared, gun pointed straight ahead of them. They cocked it and my cane glowed in the dark space.

“And that was the end,” I smirked, pointing my cane at him.

“Of Solomon Grundy.” A deep, dead voice answered from my left. Both the stranger and I turned to see the huge zombie make his way toward us.

He was in a worse condition than when I had left a couple weeks ago. His face was even more scratched up and bruised from a fight. You could see him walking with a slight limp as he approached us. The stranger turned his gun on him, but the Grundy never hesitated.

“Solomon Grundy.” He said once more, looking down at me. “Solomon. Grundy.” He grunted, looking at the other person.

“As long as you don’t shoot, he won’t hurt you.” I spoke kindly to the stranger while still pointing my electric rod in their direction.

“You trust him?” A man’s voice questioned.

“More than I trust you.” I raised an eyebrow at the weapon that was still aimed in my direction. After a few more seconds he lowered his gun and started to approach me again.

“Solomon Grundy.” My friend grunted again, momentarily stopping my attacker.

“I don’t think he likes me.” The guy chuckled. I could now see he was wearing dark washed jeans, a black tee, and a leather jacket. He had short black hair that could just barely reach his eyes in the front; the sides were shorter. I removed my bag and opened it, pulling out the slab of meat.

“Hey, Solomon honey,” I smiled at the white giant as he turned to face me. “I brought lunch.” He walked to me and I handed him his customary snack.

“K……Ka……K..a…. Ka…” He tried, surprising me. I didn’t know he could say anything outside of the old rhyme.

“Kat.” I smiled at him as he sat down to devour his meal. “You,” I looked up at the guy who followed me into the sewer. “Who the hell are you and why did you chase me?”

“I just wanted to say hi.” He smirked, approaching me once more. Grundy paused his meal to glance up at me. The minute I started to approach this new guy, he resumed eating.

“There are easier ways of getting a girl’s attention.” I raised an eyebrow at him. He was incredibly well built, probably a martial arts fighter. “The gun was to help you with that?” I motioned to the small firearm that was still in his right hand.

“In this town you never know when you’ll need to protect yourself. Is that why you have the glow stick?” he snickered.

“It’s electricity, wanna see how it works?” I hissed at him, nearly whacking him in the head with my cane.

“Feisty, I see why Ra’s would find you interesting.” He mused to himself while my inner-self killed him dozens of times. In reality I just kicked his legs out from under him and put my foot on his chest before bringing the knob of my cane to his cheek.