040

"[y/n]. why don't you want me to read the news?"

Paimon flew over your shoulder to peek at the newspaper you were hiding from her. The headline was: 'CREATOR IN SCANDAL WITH STRANGER? RUMOURED PRINCE OF THE ABYSS?' on the very front page. perhaps thats just what you get for doing it in public..

"HOLY FISHERMENS TOAST." she screeched.

"Is it bad?" Lumine asked, curiously.

"YES. Paimon feels sick! "

Lumine tried to take the newspaper our of your hands, but you snatched it away. You felt very guilty, Lumine was the only person you thoroughly trusted out of everyone around you. To do something like you did was wrong in so many ways.

"Lumine, you don't want to see this.."

Paimon flew in front of Lumine's eyes.

"Y-yeah.. Paimon also thinks  it's best if you don't look."

Lumine grumbled and walked out. She'd just have to find another newspaper. You can't stop her!

//

"I'm sorry but I won't be much help other than providing strategies." she apologised to you.

"That's alright, Nahida. You've already done so much!"

Suddenly, the door slammed open. And a clearly frustrated Lumine walked in.

"[y/n]."

"Oh.. Hi Lumine.."

She held up the newspaper.

Nahida audibly gasped at the images shown. Paimon mouthed you a 'Good luck'.

You and Aether very.. intimately kissing, your bodies pressing against each other. There were even a few shots which showed you biting on his neck, with Aether backed up against the wall, rather suggestively.

"Care to explain?"

You tried to read the expression on her face. She seemed more disappointed and betrayed than frustrated and angry. You kind of just stood there, wallowing in shame.

"When we agreed to find him together, this was not what I meant."

She waited for you to say something, anything.

What were you even supposed to say? 'Oh, well he kissed me first so..'

After a passing moment of awkward silence and thick tension, she stormed out. Paimon gave you a quick 'oh shit' glance before chasing her out.

You sighed, there was no avoiding it anyway. You saw the posters on the way to meet Nahida. Newspapers were selling so fast, and you could see people scribbling down what you thought to be fanfiction in the library.

"Hey, Nahida..? You're the God of Wisdom. Any ideas on how to apologise to your best friend after you made out with her brother?"

Nahida was red in the face after seeing what just happened. Poor child's eyes just saw something very unholy.

//

Oh, and how dare you forget that you, Lumine and Scaramouche were going to go seek out some of the abyss on an investigation after that.

Haha. The tension is going to kill you.

As you made your way out of the city itself, you heard some teenagers gossiping about you.

"Did you guys see the images?"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT REX LAPIS X CREATOR ISN'T REAL. I'M GONNA CRY."

"I'm surprised it wasn't that blonde traveller their excellency is always with."

"Yeah.. because apparently it was the traveller's sibling! Isn't that crazy?"

"Even so.. that won't stop people. Zhenyu from Liyue published a new 'Creator x Reader' story just yesterday!"

You visibly shuddered and kept walking as they kept squealing about their stories and ships with you. I guess even in this world teenagers are still menaces.

//

The journey to the location where some people reported some abyss heralds to be wasn't too far, luckily, but the walk was extremely awkward. The guilt was eating you up inside, how could you do this to the inly person who you trusted?

Scaramouche didn't seem bothered at all, however.

Lumine felt betrayed, somewhat jealous, confused and frustrated. She had been there for you for ages, but as soon as her dumbass brother shows up you're all over him.

"Lumine.. I'm sorry for making out with your brother."

She had been giving you the cold shoulder for a good while now, but as most best friends are, you can never quite stay mad at each other for too long.

She was terrified, in fact, more than you. The thing she feared most was that you would eventually leave her like Aether did.

Lumine practically tackled you into an almost suffocating hug, cursing you out all the same.

"I fucking hate you." she sobbed into your arms.

"Me too." you patted her back. You brought this upon yourself, you suppose. You stayed like that for a solid few minutes.

After a bit, she let go, sighed and took your hands in hers.

"I get that I can't control you, you're a God. But: promise me this. You can kiss, even fuck any person you meet. shit, even my brother. I don't care. But you can't leave me behind." she asked you.

"Of course, you're my number one, always!" you reassured her.

"Boo, when are you two gonna be done with your petty drama?" Scaramouche commented, leaning on a wall idly. Oh. You forget he was there.

"The only petty drama that ever happened was your mother abandoning you." Lumine snapped, without missing a single beat.