026

//

while the kamisatos and scaramouche were beating each other up, heizou snuck to the back of the house and saw a staircase going downwards.

although, he went down the staircase there was a door blocking him from the basement.

however, instead of kicking it down he decided to look for a key. because, that's what normal people do.

there was no key. so he kicked the door down.

he saw you in the cage and chuckled at your predicament.

"is this some sort of kink of yours?"

"stop messing around and help me."

he saw the key on the table and unlocked the cage, setting you free.

but walking back out, it was clear that the kamisato siblings and scaramouche hadn't stopped fighting.

you heard a particularly loud hit and a thump.

"THAT ONE WAS FOR HURTING THE HEAD OF THE KAMISATO AND KAEDEHARA CLAN ALL THOSE YEARS AGO-"

ayaka and ayato clearly had some long lasting beef with scaramouche because of what he did to their clan and kazuha's a long time ago.

you and heizou decided just to jump the fence on the other side.. no way were you getting involved in whatever the fuck that conflict was.

"hey [y/n], do you think the guy who kidnapped you was the same person who tried to kill you?" heizou asked you.

"yeah, he said that he was the one."

"well, case solved then. guess i'm just that great after all."

"i got kidnapped." you said, earning you a laugh from heizou.

"okay? that was the kamisato's fault."

the walk back to inazuma city was peaceful, the sakura blooms were in season: inazuma really is beautiful.

you two went your separate ways, you went to komore teahouse. which.. ayaka coincidentally happened to also come into a few minutes later. how on earth did she know where you were, both times?

"may i sit with you?"

"sure."

you questioned bringing up why she entered your room last night.

"oh, and about the incident, i thought i had left something in that room, so i went into there to try find it."

"in the.. bedsheets?"

"yeah.. it was a small hairclip, it could've easily gotten lost in there.. i hope this doesn't make anything awkward."

she was obviously lying, but you didn't want to push it even further by asking how she knew your name.

//

what scared you the most about that encounter is that scaramouche had been horrifically self-aware.

he knew he wasn't real. how much else did he know? how did he even find out? are there others who are sentient?

this was incredibly dangerous. not everyone can cope with the knowledge that everything they think, do or say has already been decided by code.

//