038

THE CREATOR'S RETRIBUTION

❝ he who wishes to be obeyed must first know how to command. ❞

"the akedemiya have still not deserted their plans of creating a new god, it seems."

"what?"

"they plan to extract the divine knowledge from a god. the one they have chosen, however, may just be their gravest mistake."

you had recently caught news from some leaked intel. it seems some of the fired higher-ups at the akedemiya were not yet finished with their plans to create a new god.

with both a new subject, and a new power source.

you needed more information and quick. you needed to keep your people safe, by immediately consulting nahida and the wanderer.

❝ a new project.. i see. these dirtbags really haven't learnt their lesson, have they? ❞ scaramouche sighed.

❝ if i need to, i will step in again. i've won once with the knowledge of a nation, and i will be victorious twice with the knowledge of two. ❞ nahida added in.

❝ all i want to know is who they're targeting. scaramouche.. so you know if they had any more candidates before you? ❞

❝ no. i was elected by the fatui and they were more than happy to oblige. the fatui has now deserted the project— so how would they be able to pull this off without such a powerful force behind it anyway? ❞

nahida's face contorted into a face of realisation.

❝ unless.. they are supported by another dangerous organisation. your excellency, do you know any? ❞

❝ not really? ❞

suddenly, a certain blond came to mind.

❝ oh. erm. i think i know which one it is now. ❞

❝ what? ❞

❝ the abyss order.. ❞

shit, maybe thats why he was in sumeru. but then, the other question is: which god were they going to extract the knowledge from?

it would have to be one which they think would be easy to capture, like nahida. but they wouldn't do that if they already failed against her once. rex lapis and barbatos are both missing.

no one would dare go against the raiden shogun. all of the other gods as well.

so that would leave you with..

oh. OH.