009

//

❝ i dug two graves for us my dear,

can't pretend i was perfect; leaving you in fear.

oh man, what a world the things i hear. ❞

//

sometimes venti questions his morals. sometimes he questions your philosophies, he questions celestia.

he disappeared in mondstadt's eyes as the anemo archon. becoming something closer to human, the weakest archon of the seven, and leaving mondstadt in his stead.

now just a fickle bard, he still doesn't regret his decision.

he gave up his place as an archon in mondstadt because for his nation to trielt be the nation of freedom, his people couldn't have a figure to influence. because what is freedom when demanded of you by a god?

may the wind lead them on with their hopes and aspirations.

ei only wanted eternity, a lasting one in her ideals, a never changing inazuma, something closest to the heavenly principles.

to protect her people from the consequences of defying celestia, after the fall of khaenri'ah being used as an example.

mortal lives only last a century or so.

and so, she left her consciousness in her plane of euthymia, where she would meditate for eternity, leaving the raiden shogun to be a puppet in her absence.

zhongli staged his death; liyue had grown long past the need of morax's protection and shelter, no longer needing the adepti to sheild them. instead the qixing governs liyue.

but what about you?

to be the creator. to be a being higher than the celestial deities, why did you leave?

//

the answer was simple.

you never 'left'- you never existed in teyvat in the first place.

teyvat believes you came to teyvat to create it, the archons and celestia, instead, it was created for you. for you to guide and fix within the confines of another reality.

the archons have never seen you before. only faint images of you, far beyond the stars of teyvat. not that they were real, anyway. behind them.

//

the traveller was supposed to be the only person who knew the truth about teyvat.

however;

mona knew. she knew too much, burdened with the knowledge that she shouldn't know. one day, she had seen the traveller look at the stars, but that was not what she was focusing on. but what was behind them.

for a good hour, lumine was squinting trying to make out the image from behind the stars.

out of curiosity, mona peered into her astrological telescope, with a few adjustments.

just behind the stars, you could see a box. a box that looked different, too different from what she knew.

it looked too, realistic, and introduced a dimension she couldn't have ever imagined existed. a room, 3d. a person.

and then it clicked. they weren't in a box, were they? so who was? the answer was simple. they were, and on the other side, was the creator.

the stars were fake. she was fake, you weren't.

she wished she never found out. because if she were to tell a soul, may celestia punish her with eternal torture.

//

albedo doesn't know, but he's damn close to figuring it out. a genius, he is.

he's noticed things.

like how the reality they lived in wasn't perfect. there were unmistakable flaws. sometimes, time would change unexpectedly, or glitches would take place. or how the stars looked like they were trying to hide something.

//

the three know. if the people of teyvat were to ever find out, oh, what havoc would occur.