020

I wake up at around 6:30, my alarm ringing in my ear, as gin jumps up, stuck inside the blanket trying to escape

I let out a quiet laugh at her spinning around underneath the blanket, trying her best to escape but not successful.

I get up out of bed, pulling the covers over gins head allowing her to jump of the bed heading downstairs to get her food from her bowl.

I quickly get dressed, wearing some plain blue jeans, and a baggy Nike jumper, sticking on some if my old black and white mid-rise jordans, quickly putting on my usual jewellery before I headed across the hall into the bathroom, brushing my teeth, styling my hair into a bun, leaving two pieces of hair at the front, cleaning up my edges with some eco gel.

Once my hair is finished, i just put on some mascara, and clear lip gloss.

Looking into the mirror for a few seconds, I leave the bathroom, heading downstairs grabbing my bag from besides the door, saying my goodbyes to gin, taking a quick glance at my dad lay flat out on the sofa, slightly frozen, I shake the thoughts away, leaving the house for school.

I finally make it to the gates of the large school, crowds of people around, I search through the crowds, spotting Katie, Alex, and Liam.

I quickly head over, noticing their worried expressions.

"What's wrong?" They all look towards me, their worried and anxious expression set in place. Liam looks towards Katie as though in affirmation for what he's about to say, she softly nods her head allowing Liam to talk.

"Um Jacob relapsed, he ended up drinking a bunch of his mums alcohol, and blacked out, Katie walked in on him collapsed on his bedroom floor yesterday" My once happy expression, quickly drops, i had no idea Jacob was an alcohol.

"I mean he drinks an odd time at party's, like the other day, but not as bad as yesterday." I nod my head and pull Katie in for a hug, she wraps her arms around me squeezing me tightly, a soft sob quietly going down my ear.

"It'll be OK, he'll be ok" I tell her, repeating the words I once told myself, I have hope for Jacob, I do, I'm sure he can escape it, but it's difficult, my dad could never escape it, he's still stuck in his addiction.

"I know, I'm just worried about him, and I'm sure it's my fault, I threw that stupid party, causing him to drink, it's my fault" I pull away looking in her eyes, trying best to reassure her.

"It's not your fault ok, it's never your fault, it was never and will never be your fault ok" She nods her head giving me one last hug before releasing me as the bell rings again.