Chapter 18

Khloe

"Good morning Khloe! May assignment ka? Pakopya naman." Nakangiting saad ni Connie. Bigla na lang itong lumitaw sa gilid ko.

"Don't mind her. Gusto lang nyan i-compare ang sagot mo sa sagot nya." Nina uttered. Just like her best friend, she just suddenly appeared.

Nang makarating kami sa room namin ay naunang pumasok ang dalawa. My eyes dropped on Xavier. He waved at me and I just smiled and nodded in response.

I was about to take another step when I felt a presence behind mo. Bago ko pa malingon iyon ay bigla na lang ako nitong inakbayan.

"Good morning my Khloe." That annoying voice! I couldn't help but rolled my eyes.

I shook my head and removed his arm. Pinagtitinginan na rin kasi kami ng mga kaklase namin. I went straight to my seat and moved my chair to create a safe distance between us.

Logan cocked his eyebrow when he noticed what I did.

"I'm harmless." He said defensively as he sat on his chair.

"We both know that you're lying."

He chuckled with my response. He put his elbow on his desk and place his palm under his chin.

"Do you want me to recommend you a good derma clinic?" He asked nonchalantly while still watching me.

My brow shot up.

"Are you insulting me?" Pakiramdam ko kasi ay iniinsulto nya ako.

"I'm just concerned. Malapit na kasi ang pageant. Hindi ka naman siguro lalaban na ganyan ang ayos mo?"

"Why? Are you ashame that your partner is ugly?" Nakangising tanong ko. This is what you want right? Then bear with it.

"Nah. I prefer you that way. Kaya nga ikaw ang pinili ko di ba?"

"You were just power tripping. You just want to humialate me." I fired back.

"I wouldn't go to that extent just to embarrass the person I hate. It would only be a waste of time and effort."

"You hate me as much as I hate you. You always tell me that I'm not your type. Kaya walang dahilan para piliin mo ako bilang partner mo." I reasoned out to knock some sense on him.

"Yes, you're not my type... " Diretsong sagot nya. Napaismid ako. He's really such a jerk. Sasabihin nya ang gusto nyang sabihin.

"But it doesn't mean I don't like you. Remember what I've told you in the basement parking? Yes, Khloe. I'm starting to like you. If you still doubt my words, just remember the kiss that I gave you." He said and winked at me.

I felt that my cheeks started to flush. He caught me off guard that night... just like what happened in the balcony.

"I really like the color of your eyes." He said seriously. I blinked multiple times and turned away my gaze.

"I don't want to hurt your feelings but... remember Emerald? I mentioned her to you last night. I was captivated by her beauty. She has beautiful facial features especially her eyes... which is looking exactly like yours. Seeing you this close... I couldn't helped but wonder... that maybe you are her. "

Damn it! I should have worn a contact lens on my freaking first day here!

"But... It's impossible. Your only common denominator is the color of your eyes."

I could still feel his heavy stare.

"May isa pa pala. Parehas kayong masungit. The only difference is she's gorgeous and you are... never mind. Basta hindi bagay sayo ang magsungit."