"What the fuck is wrong with you Forth?!"

"And what is wrong with you? Must you blatantly ignore me like this despite telling me you will text me? That everything is OK, that you will be ok? If you didn't want to talk to me, tell me the truth and do it. Don't do it with a lie."

Forth turned around to walk away and nearly fell over. I went in and quickly grabbed him. He was burning fucking hot. "Shit. You are burning up. We need to sponge you down."

"Pha.."

"Shut up. I am here as your friend now. Listen to me. And just behave. You understand?"

Forth nodded his head sheepishly and quietly. I sponged him down and ordered some coconut juice to try and cool him down further. I gave him panadol and made him nap as I cooked up some porridge for him. I woke him up about 3 hours later to have lunch and feed him more medicines. Forth complied willingly and took everything. Once that was done, I sat down next to him to check his temperature. It was still high. I told him to rest a while more whilst I sponged him. He agreed. He laid down but held onto my hand.

"Can you just stay here till I fall asleep?"

"I'm not going anywhere. Just want to get some water and a cloth to sponge you."

"Please. Just stay here first."

I sighed. "OK ok, I will be here. Sleep first na."

Forth smiled at me, held onto my hand tightly as he slept. Idiot definitely didn't believe me! I watched as he slept, his hair flipping over his face gently. I pushed it away and just trailed his long eyelashes and bushy brows. He was out cold and that's when I took my hand out to go get the water and cloth to sponge him down.

After that, I cooked some soup for him and he woke up around 6pm. I got him to get a cold shower and then have dinner. He felt better, to sit at the dining table and have it. Once that was done, I was cleaning up whilst Forth went to watch TV. I came out to see him sleeping away instead 20 minutes later. I chuckled. I went over and sat down, wanting to ask him to shift to the bed but he refused and instead laid down on my lap.

"Can you stay the night? To make sure I'm all better?"

"You seem better already. You just need rest and you be ok."

"Pha.. please.. be with me. Don't leave me alone. You have no idea on how much I missed you like crazy and all I could think was on how to get you to see me again. And I realized the only way was if I fell sick."

"Forth!"

He sat up and looked at me. "Did you deliberately make yourself fall sick?" I asked him angrily.

"I just wanted to see you again. You have no idea on how much I missed you Pha."

"But still. What if you had fallen ill very seriously? As it is, this was bad enough. Why would you do this to yourself? For me?! This is ridiculous. I'm not worth such effort. No one ever is. Your life is still important. Are you listening to me?!"

"I am. But to me, you are worth it. I don't know how to explain it but you are. From the day that incident happened till today, all I ever thought about is you. I realized I hurt you way more and its not even something I intended to do. And all I wanted is for you and me to be together again. And if it means falling sick will make you see me, I will fall sick over and over again. Please please don't leave me Pha."

I just stared at this stupid man in disbelief. Does he even realize what he's saying? Who ever does that for someone else? Oh gosh. I just didn't fall for one whom I thought was unavailable. But the dumbest of them all. But he's so good natured and honest, how did you ever expect me to be angry with him?

Despite my inner turmoil, I ended up hugging Forth tightly and kissing him multiple times all over his face, chastising him for being so silly and stupid and never to do it again.

I finally broke away from him, my own tears spilling down irrevocably. Forth nodded his head, his own tears dropping. Finally he dropped the bombshell statement of the night;

"Pha. I.. I want to kiss you back. May I?"

Argh, sue my heart already please! I nodded as Forth leaned forward to give me the sweetest kiss ever, on my forehead, thanking me for being by his side.

I just hummed and held onto him tightly as his tears kept dropping. Ah this fellow. Help me already.