Pha

I was just resting in my dorm when I heard knocks on my door. I went to open it only to find Forth standing there.

"What do you want?"

"Kit told me you were unwell but he had to go see Yo about something urgent so he asked me to pass the food to you."

I looked at the food package in his hand. I just nodded and took the food, thanking him for it gruffly and was about to close the door when Forth stopped me.

"Heard you were sick. Seen a doctor yet?"

I nodded my head no but insisted I didn't have to as I knew how to self medicate. Forth stared at me thoughtfully and opened his mouth to say something when I cut him off.

"I'm fine. I'm a doctor to be. I know how to look after myself. And even if I don't know, I don't need you to tell me."

Forth just looked at me stupefied. Finally he just muttered, "I know you and I didn't exactly hit it off on the best note. But even I wouldn't want you to be unwell and feel lousy. But clearly... OK. I be off."

I just closed the door in response and turned away. I really couldn't stand this guy. Never knew what Beam saw in him to be friends with him. But Beam told me he was one of the most loyal friends one could ever have. Right. All I see is a cocky Engineering tallhouse who is just all brawn and no brains.

I had my lunch and took my phone out to thank Kit for it.

"What food? I am on the way now with lunch for you after having seen Yo."

"Didn't you just send food through Forth?"

"Hmm, no I didn't. I was telling him you haven't eaten but refused to go buy because you were that ill. But was telling him you prolly have to wait another hour more for me till I was done. Got you your favorite porridge."

I kept quiet, letting Kit's words sink in. That means this lunch...... I just looked at the empty container. Was it from Forth? But why would he lie to me it was from Kit?

[Well, would you have accepted it if it was from him?] My mind just spoke out my thoughts and I gasped silently. I just looked at the package again, biting my lips in silent frustration knowing I hadn't treated Forth nicely in this situation and yet he had been kind to me.

I whipped my phone out. We had a group chat for the Medical & Engineering boys. I clicked on Forth's number and decided to drop him a private message.

"Hey Forth, Pha here. I... I wanted to say thank you for the food."

"Hey Pha. Huh? You should be thanking Kit.."

"I thank him when he delivers his own food. But he was telling me he was still otw with my lunch for me. So.. I know this lunch wasn't from him."

"Er..I.. "

"Why didn't you just tell me the truth?"

"Will you have accepted the food if its from me? You didn't even want to hear me out about seeing the doctor."

"I'm sorry."

"It's cool Pha. Rest well."

"Hmm, have you eaten?"

"EH? Yea I did. Thanks for asking."

"All rights."

With that, I ended the conversation but still felt inwardly bad that I had treated him so shabbily. Even I knew he didn't deserve it.

Despite being academically smart, I can be such a dumbass when it came to other things.

Sheesh.