Beam

I went to the bar to meet the boys. Kit didn't come along as he was at a sleepover and Pha was still recovering and clearly in a testy mood given how he had just railroaded me on Forth. Speaking of which, where was he?! He was up for some interrogation once I got hold of him.

I saw Park and the boys and went over to say hi. Lam was there too. I just smiled at him before sitting down next to him as it was the only empty seat.

"Want a drink?"

"Ah no Lam. Pha isn't here so I am driving myself back. Best not to drink so much. I just have a beer later."

"If you want, just go ahead. I can send you back. I'm not drinking much because I just had a medical appointment earlier."

"You ok? What happened?"

Lam just filled me in that it was a routine medical check up and that all was well. I nodded. I was just chatting with the boys when Forth came and I accosted him quickly to find out what was happening. Once I was done, I wanted to go back to my seat but Lam was on mine as there was a girl on his who was chatting away with him. I just looked at Lam but he didn't realize I was watching. So I turned away and decided to go get some drinks at the bar.

I was having some shots when I felt someone tug on my arm. I turned to see Lam glaring at me.

"I thought you didn't want to drink? Only a beer?"

"Er. I felt in the mood for shots. Why?"

"Why didn't you come back to your seat? Forth told me you guys were done over 15 mins ago."

"I.. its just that.. there was.."

"You really need to keep to your words if you want people to take you seriously. Slamming shots now. You are just looking to get drunk aren't you?"

I got angry! How dare he!

"You aren't any better! You claimed you were not dating anyone or looking to but there you are, entertaining that woman away. You were on my seat. How did you want me to come back? And interrupt your precious conversation?!"

I snarled at Lam and just walked away. I was pissed. I rather go home and drink then stay here and let this condescending man annoy me further.

I had reached my car when Lam came and grabbed me. "Beam. Look. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to go off.."

"Drop it Lam. You don't have to apologise. The apology will not take away the depth of how I feel now. Just go. You know what. I said let's be friends but let's drop that idea ok? I can't. Not with you being this hot and cold block of I dunno what."

Lam just stared at me in shock, clearly taken aback by how I had just gone off on him. I don't do that. I never. I am chill usually but with this fellow, he makes me feel all kinds of emotions.

I took my hand away and turned to my car when Lam grabbed it again and refused to let go. He turned me around and caged me between the car and him.

"I keep seeing you go off to talk to Forth often. I get frustrated when I see you do that because I hate you keep spending so much of intimate time with him. But yet I also know you guys are just friends so I am very confused by my feelings. That girl.. she was the one who wanted to talk to me. Not me. I was hoping you come back quickly so I have an excuse to chase her away. I'm sorry I don't mean to sound conscending. I just didn't want you to get drunk. It... it.. worries.."

Lam never got to complete his sentence as I just laid my head on his chest. "Stop being so honest all the time. It's wrecking my heart in all the good ways that I can't even stay mad at you."

Lam didn't say anything but just held onto me. We stayed like that for a bit before he asked me if I indeed wanted to go home or continue hanging out. I opted for the former and he drove me home instead, saying he will come back for his bike. I nodded. He parked my car and sent me up to my dorm.

"I am going to go back first ok."

I nodded.

"I will text you when I'm heading home?"

I looked at Lam. Did he really have to do that? He didn't have to but would I want him to do that? I realized I did and he knew it.

I just nodded as he smiled at me softly, his ears turning red. Just as he was about to turn and leave, I called out to him.

"Lam. I know I said a bunch of things earlier in a fit of anger. Sorry na. But please let's just remain as friends ok? I can't pretend not knowing you."

Lam just nodded at me and went off, hands in his pocket, the other twirling his phone. As I closed the door, I realized how royally fucked I was. I was falling for this guy faster and faster by the day.

Damn.