| E L E V E N |

| Hazel |

"Wow, look who finally decided to come back around." Mallory said sarcastically as I entered the room.

I was kind of avoiding them after the other day, only because I was still in the process of controlling my emotions.

I figured I should come back around since they would be leaving me in the morning and I would probably go back to sadness after they leave.

"Hi." I smiled, jumping on the bed beside Riri.

"Where have you been?" She asked, looking at me suspiciously.

"Getting my life together."

"Hm." She hummed before giving Mallory a look.

Apparently, they've come up with their own secret language since I haven't been around, making me feel even worse for abandoning them.

"So what're we doing tonight?" I asked, attempting to get the heat off of me.

"Girls night." They responded in unison as if they had already had a discussion about it.

"We've explored enough of Wakanda." Riri chuckled.

"Wish I could stay forever." Mallory groaned, joining us on the bed.

"Speaking of forever...." Riri looked at me, creeping into her question.

"Are you ever coming back home?" Mallory said, finishing her thought. "We kind of miss you."

"Of course I'm coming home." I responded in duh tone, earning an eyebrow raise and a quick look away from both of them. "No. What?" I asked, demanding them to voice their concerns.

"Nothing." They respond together, still avoiding eye contact with me.

I groaned, giving a slight eye roll to their refusal to say what's on their mind.

"Let's try that again. What?"

I was hoping for a better response this time.

"When do you think you're coming home?" Riri asked, finally looking at me.

I honestly hadn't given it any thought. I feel like I haven't been here that long to be thinking about when I'm going to leave, I knew it wouldn't be anytime soon.

I gave a shrug as my answer.

"Hm." She hummed, glancing at Mallory.

"Would you two stop with the secret language?" I could feel myself growing irritated.

"Fine," Mallory sighed, "We don't actually believe you."

"But," Riri interrupted before I had a chance to say anything. "Just because what would that mean for you and Shuri?"

I groaned, throwing my head back.

"Guys I haven't even been here for that long."

The look on their faces told me they weren't buying it, which eventually led to me not buying it either.

"Okay.." Was Riri's only response to wrap up this conversation that might become more.

Of course the thought lingered in my head for the rest of the night and no amount of clay mud masks or romance movies could get it out of my head.

I felt like we were back at step one.

Are we doing all of this just to become strangers again once I leave?

Are we just going to go back and forth halfway across the world?

It was hard to focus on the present, not knowing what our future held.