chapter 9

Dishaan's POV

When I saw the fingerprints on Anam's wrist, I lost my temper. I was very angry with myself. I got up from the dining table and went to my room to drink alcohol to calm my anger. "How can I be so cruel to her?" She doesn't even know that I am her husband. I shouted at myself.

I lit a cigarette after taking off my shirt and throwing it. I started puffing it.

In the last week, my life has completely changed. I have no control over my own emotions.

From the day I came to know that Anam is my wife, I have gone completely mad.

I can't fall in love with her. She will never accept me after knowing that I killed her sister. These thoughts were going through my mind again and again.

Whenever I see her, I lose control. My emotions get the better of me.

All these feelings are very new to me. I have never felt this way for anyone.

My heart yearns when she is with Danish Shoaib. I can't see her being close to anyone else. She is mine.

I was engrossed in her thoughts when there was a knock on the door.

As soon as I said "come in," and the door opened, I froze in my place seeing her wearing a teal blue silk night suit reflecting her milky white skin. Her hair was wide open, reaching her waist like a waterfall.

I was completely immersed in her beauty and innocence. I had a strange urge to make her mine.

I lost all my decency, and there was only one thing on my mind: I have to make her mine.

I forgot that she is my master's sister, and I am a servant. At that time, I only remembered one thing: she is "my wife."

Without thinking any further, I went towards her and brought my lips close to hers and said, "Bir anlaşma yapalım aşkım" (Let's make a deal).

She froze at my words and took a step back, creating distance between us.

I groaned while pulling her by the waist in one smooth action.

Her clothed chest collided with my naked one. She gasped at the sudden action, looking deep into my eyes with trembling lips.

She tried to get rid of my hold, but I tightened the grip on her waist, not enough to cause her pain.

"I am not interested in any of your deals, professor. Please let me go," she said in a pleading tone.

"You are refusing without hearing the deal," I replied, moving my hand down her waist.

"You can't touch me like this. You have no right to touch me. Please let me go," she said while struggling in my hold.

Before I could say anything, there was a knock on the door.

I still held Anam close to me. Before I could say something, Danish's voice came across the door, saying, "Bhai mamma bula Rahi hai aapko" (Mom is calling you, brother).

Saying "okay" to Danish, I kissed Anam's forehead and left the room after putting on a shirt.

----------

" Assalam o alaikum", Mom. I greet my mother.

"Walaikum assalam," she replied.

"Baitho, beta. Mujhe aapse kuch zaruri baat karni hai," she said in a motherly tone.

"Mamma, mujhe pata hai aapko kya baat karni hai," I said firmly.

"Dishaan, aisa kab tak chalega, beta? Ghar ke bade bete hai aap, halat dekhiye. Sharab aur khoon kharab ke bahar bhi ek duniya hai," she said warily.

"Mamma, mujhe is bare mein koi baat nahi karni hai. Mujhe mere haal par chhod dein aap," I said coldly.

"Maa hu main aapki takleef hoti hai aapka haal dekh kar. Kab tak khud ko saza denge aap? 'Meri jaan,' maazi ko bhool jayein, kisi achhi ladki se nikah kar lein," she said pleading.

"Nikah?" As soon as marriage was mentioned, the innocent face of Anam started roaming in my eyes.

Without wasting any time, I told Ammi that I got married to Anam three years ago, in a firm tone.

"Anam? Who is this? When did you get married? Why haven't you told us yet? Do you live together in Turkey? How does she look? What does she do? Which family does she belong to?" she said happily in one breath.

"You know her very well, mamma," I replied.

"I know her?" she asked.

"Rabail Aunty's younger sister, Anam. She is my wife," I said coldly.

"What are you saying, Dishaan? Are you out of your mind? How could you? She is just 18, and how the hell did Abraham agree to give her sister?" she said hurriedly.

"Mamma, calm down. She doesn't know that I am her husband," I said firmly.

"What do you mean by she doesn't know?"

"Yeah, she doesn't know, mamma. She only knows that she is married to Mr. Malik for her safety," I said coldly.

"She is Abraham's sister. Why does she need any kind of safety from you even without knowing you?" she asked, confused.

I don't know, mamma. May I leave now?" I said emotionless.

And walked away...

While going back to the room, my heart yearned to see Anam, and I went towards her room. After reaching there, I found the door was locked. I opened the door with the help of another key and went inside.

Seeing her sleeping so peacefully, my heart stopped beating at the sight of her innocent face.

She was sleeping peacefully with Rusda hugging her chest.

I sat close to her, and then my attention went back to her wrist which had my scars. My heart was filled with guilt seeing Rusda. That guilt increased because of me; she became an orphan because of my mistake. Bitter past memories started rolling in my heart, and I don't know when tears started falling from my eyes. I know I am not worthy of Anam, but the man inside me is not ready to see her with anyone else.

Caressing Rusda's cheeks, my attention went to Anam. She was holding Rusda as if she was afraid to go away from her.

Seeing her, I started thinking for which good deed of mine, "Abraham Bhai gave me such a precious thing without asking."

At this time, I had forgotten that the girl sleeping in front of me was "my master's sister." My heart only knew one thing: that she was my innocent wife, and I had all the rights over her, and I would never let her go away from me.

I sat by Anam's side the whole night, holding her hand in mine.

I didn't take my eyes off her, not even for a second.

"Perhaps people speak the truth: marriage is the most beautiful and pure relationship in the world, and Allah has blessed me with the most beautiful partner."

Hearing the azaan of Fajr, I stood up and went to my room. I thought in my mind that I would tell her today that I am her husband. I went and lay down on the bed, but my eyes were not able to sleep for long.

Her innocent face kept roaming around my eyes.

"She is mine." (A smile full of pride appears on my lips.)

*****