A New Friend

Rehn woke up sluggishly, his vision slowly becoming clearer, he felt a painful sensation on his head. The pain wasn't a headache this time, it was more of a blow to the head. The pecking became more painful as it continued. Rehn got up, and herd a squak. His vision became clear, and he saw a small, little bird. "A dodo!?" He exclaimed. The bird was gray, with yellow skin, and a reddish orange beak. The bird's thin little legs just barely supported its stubby body. The dodo turned its head in sync with Rehn's.

When Rehn came back to his senses, he quickly tried scaring the featherd intruder. "Hey, back off! The dodo didn't move, "This is my food, you can't have any, NOW BACK OFF!!!!" Rehn exclaimed, while swaying his hands fast and violently. The animal wasn't intimidated by Rehn's attempts to scare it off. "Here, here's some berries, now scram. Rehn threw some berries on the ground, while he held a few more in his palm. The dodo pecked the berries one by one, before moving toward Rehn. It gently, and carefully picked each berry out of Rehn's hand, and ate them. The bird put the left side of its face on Rehn's hand, looking for any last bits of berry. Rhen saw that the dodo had some berry stuck in its hair, and he stroked it out gently. "Alright ,bud, you best get going back to where you came from", Rehn said softly. He got up, putting strength into his arms, and the bird then followed.

"Um, I said you need to go", Rehn continued softly saying. The dodo chirped, and ignored Rehn's words. "You need to go Dill, wait, did I just name you?" The bird chirped at Rehn softly back. "You like that?, guess that's your name now" Rehn went over to a nearby stub of wood, and stomped it. He picked up what remained of the wood. Rehn was about to pick up the last big piece of wood, when Dill picked it up. "Thank you, now can you hand that over." Dill fumbled, trying to carry the big piece of wood. "No more games, give that to me!" Rehn stated, now slightly raising his voice. He was easily able to pluck the wood out of Dill's mouth. The dodo whined, "No, you cannot have this", Rehn stated.

"Now, if you want to follow me, I suggest you come on, and hurry up" Rehn and Dill continued down the river.