Awake

Rehn woke up in a wet, muddy grass patch. His mind was throbbing, his head was aching, he didn't have a clue where he was. He began looking around to find himself within a heavily vegetated swamp. Rehn slowly got to his feet, needing to put major force into muscles just to pick himself up off the ground. He began to feel an irritating, itchy sensation in his arm. Rehn pulled the bottom of his arm to his face, and he saw a strange, shining rhombus imbetted into his skin. He was dumbfounded by what he saw. Rehn scratched the spot, to see if it was real, he wouldn't wake up. His mind was racing with thoughts and worries. He snapped out of it, knowing that by worrying, he would only go mentally insane, he had to study his surroundings. Rehn began walking slowly, and cautiously, as not disturb anything that he didn't want to attract.

Rehn began feeling another sensation, but this time it was on his leg, and more....painful. He looked down to find a massive leech attached to his leg, sucking his blood. The thing was massive, over a foot long! Rehn began violently thrashing his leg, when that didn't work, he grabbed a sharp twig out of the shallow, muddy water, and stabbed the pest in the middle. The leech made a gurgling sound, and seemed to die, but it wouldn't let go. However, when Rehn tried prying the animal off this time, it came off easily. His relief was quickly over, as a huge crocodile headed for him "Holy crap, that, thing is massive!" "I've seen it before in a museum, what was it called? Sookasucha, no that wasn't it, sarcosuchus, yeah!" Rehn had no idea why he was thinking of the beasts name, when he should be thinking of keeping his life. He was quickly able to out run the mega crocodile, and head to a small canyon.

The canyon wasn't large, it was small and vegetated. Rehn didn't like the idea of resting in a hostile environment like this, but he had to, as he was getting hungrier by the minute. He checked his bag, and found a small bag of chips, and a candy bar. He unwrapped the packaging of the candy bar, and bit a chunk out of it. He was about to take another bite of the chocolate, when a small, hairy dinosaur (pegomastax) leaped into the air, and used its tiny fingers to snatch the candy bar out of Rehn's hand. He tried to grab the little thief's tail, but the animal yanked it forward, just in time to miss Rehn's grasp. The creature ran off hissing, Rehn didn't bother chasing it, as it would be pointless to follow it into more danger. "Nasty, little vermin," Rehn said to himself. "Well, it's about time I get going." Rehn lifted his pack in the air, and swung it over his shoulders, and headed t where he thought it was safest.