Chapter 3: Not. A. Bite.

Start from the beginning

Y/N: "What's he doing?" Clementine shrugs in response as the dog barks and runs off.

Clementine: "I guess we should follow him."

You nod as the two of you follow the dog, and eventually come across a small and what seemed like an abandoned campsite.

Y/N: "This place looks wrecked."

Clementine: "Tell me about it."

The dog stops by a worn-down tent and sits.

Y/N: "We should probably look for some food." You reason, considering that you, Clementine, and probably even the dog were hungry.

Clementine nods n agreement, and as the two of you approach one side of the camp, Sam barks.

Y/N: "Sam, shh! We have to be quiet!" Sam continues to bark, forcing you and Clementine to move toward him, to see what was wrong.

Your eyes grace upon a walker tied to a tree, its frail arms swinging for anything to grab as it groaned and gurgled.

Sam proceeds to bark.

Clementine: "It's okay, Sam. We're smart and he's not. We're smarter than all of them." Clementine leans closer to the walker, inspecting it. "Look, you can see the bite. Looks like he tried to cut it out."

You nod while Clementine points at a small knife lodged in the walker's arm.

Y/N: "We should try to get the knife, Clem."

Clementine: "Yeah..."

You pick up a nearby branch. "Stand back."

Clementine steps back with Sam.

You raise the large branch with all of your might and repeatedly smash it into the walker's head until it was no longer moving.

Clementine: "See, boy? We just have to stay out of their reach." Clementine grabs the knife and wipes off the blood, revealing that the knife was still pretty sharp.

After some time of searching the camp, you're left feeling demotivated.

Y/N: "Shit... There's nothing here. I hate scavengers! They take everything!"

Clementine: "Well... There's still something..." You visually follow where Clementine was pointing, and your eyes land on a trash barrel.

Y/N: "Nope, not doing it."

Clementine chuckles. "Wuss." She teases as she walks over to the trash barrel.

You chuckle. "Don't say stuff like that when Sam is around!" You joke, which makes Clementine genuinely laugh.

You stand next to Clementine as she rolls up her sleeves.

Clementine: "Well... Here we go." And without another second being wasted, Clementine digs in the trash.

You gag from the smell, somewhat feeling bad for letting Clementine do it.

You notice Clementine perk up, as she quickly draws her hands, revealing an unopened can of beans.

Y/N: "Oh, my god! Thank you!"

You lead Clementine to a nearby log, and the two of you sit on it. Clementine holds the knife to the can of beans.

Clementine: "Please don't be bad..." Clementine stabs the can a few times, opening it.

The beans weren't bad.

Y/N: "Thank god..."

Clementine eats some of the beans and passes the can to you.

You stuff your hand inside the can and scarf down mouthfuls of the beans. Your eyes then wander to Sam, who was sitting down in front of you two, whining.