chapter 4

Richard found him self in the batcave the next morning. He was frantically looking for his mask he miss placed the day before. "Dick what are you doing?"Bruce questioned. "I'm looking for my mask." he said walking to the section of the batcave that held all their uniforms. "well hurry we need to get to the cave. " Bruce said. Richard giving up the search went to the little cabinet next to his costumes and grabbed a spare. "okay Bruce lets go." he said walking and placing the mask on his face. the voice announced their arrival and the team new what was coming. each made there way to the same spot where batman would always have meetings with them on how they could improve on the mission. with most in them in civil attire. wally however went to batman. "hey batsy did Dick get home safely???" wally asked. Batman only nodded. wally smiled and then ran to meet with the others. Batman gave a very mad look at robin. "What? I didn't tell him anything buy the night of my parents death. He's just doing his job and making sure the kid he was protecting got home safely. " Dick told him. Bruce nodded and softened his look. He had no reason to doubt the bird. "Let's go meet with the others." Batman said walking. Robin figured he would ask bruce to stay the night at the mountain and confess to wally. He wanted the speedster to know that he loved him back. Wally however was to interested in Richard that he didn't even notice when batman and robin entered tell room. Wally couldnt figure out what was happening. He had known dick for a night and he had already taken his mind from robin who he had known for 2 years now. "Now I have your mission reports, my only question is how did the riddler get past you guys?" Batman asked. "We think he snuck in as Edward enigma." Aqualad stated. "I was occupied with some thugs on the roof." Artemis admitted. " okay well you guys get the day off for now." Batman said as he started to walk away. "He batman can I talk to you?" Wally asked. Batman gave a single nodded and ushered the speedster to a knew room. " Look I know you can get a hold of bruce wayne, can you call him or something for me?" Wally asked with hope filled eyes. "Why?" Bruce demanded. "Well I want to try and be friends with him. He semi like a pretty cool kid and I haven't been able to stop thinking about him. I just figured since I left him with you, that you knew bruce." Wally clarified. "I'll bring the matter to his attention next time I talk to him. " Batman said leaving kid flash and starting his search for his sidekick. The search led him to the boys room at the cave. It had the only door that stayed locked 24/7. Apon entering he found his adopted son changing out of costume.
"Wally wants to become friends with dick." Batman said flat out. "Okay what's so bad about that?" Dick asked sliding his t-shirt down his chest. "It's strange he friends with robin and suddenly asks me to call bruce to see if he and dick could be friends." Batman said. " I wouldn't mind dick being friends with wally. " robin said making dick sound like someone other then himself. "Doesn't matter he can't find out who you are, let's go home." Batman said." Batman? Can I stay here tonight?" Dick asked his mentor. "No your coming home with me."
"Can I hangout with the he team and then go back to the hehe house?"
"Fine you have 2 hours and then you go home and do the homework that is do tomorrow."
Dick smiled and thanked the Cape crusader. Batman left soon after that. Dick left his room in the search for his best friend. He had to tell him how he felt before his time ran out.
Wally sat on the green couch waiting for something to happen when robin came up to him. "Hey man can I take to you?" Robin asked "Yeah go ahead."
"Well the thing is, I have been In love with you for awhile now and thought you should know."
Wally stared at his best friend. He has always wanted to here those words, but that he has all he could do was stare with his mouth hung slightly open.