Chapter 1 🌹: Calm before the storm

En başından başla

"Very well. Then until next time, my little imps. Do come again! Ciao!" Sam just smiled and waved them goodbye as they walked out of the shop. On their way back they are still amazed about the shop but Grim seems not to agree with them for being cheap steak. Deuce looks at Cyno's bags seem like they are heavy so he decides to impress his crush by offering to carry those bags for him: "Hmmm. Cyno looks like you got the bag with all the cans. That looks heavy. Let me take that one. I've got a little trick for carrying heavy bags."

"Are you sure Deuce?" Cyno looks at him but Deuce still insists: "I'm sure General. I'm used to it since my mom always stocked up at sales, and the bag would get ridiculously heavy. I was the only man in the house, so I got to do all the heavy lifting, and- Oh sorry. I didn't mean to monopolize the conversation." He blushes at his rambling but Cyno just walks to him and gives him the bag while smiling softly at him: "Sound like you took good care of your mom." Deuce takes the bag and he is dazed by Cyno's smile: 'Beautiful.'

But he quickly gets his poster back: "*ahem* N-No, it wasn't like that at all. The truth is, I-" but before he can say anything, they bump into the 'carbonara' senpai they've met during lunch making all the eggs smash. "Myah! The eggs!"

"Damn it! The carton of eggs is smashed! And now the bag's dripping egg good everywhere." Deuce says angrily, one of the senpais turns back to them: "Ouch! Why don't you watch where you're-Hey! You're the jerks who broke the egg yolk on my carbonara!" He says he is still mad about his egg being broken during this lunchtime. "I've had about enough of you punks. You need to learn your place!" The other said smirking without noticing the killing aura coming from Cyno and trying not to kill those two. "You're the ones who darted out at us from around the corner! And you picked a fight with us at lunch over an egg that you were still totally able to eat! And now you've destroyed six of OUR eggs!" Deuce reasons, trying to hold his anger. "Yeah! He's right!" Grim agrees. Their face turns black: "So what? You sayin' that was our fault?"

"I am. Please reimburse us for the eggs. And then apologize to the chickens." Deuce says, the first two sentences are fine but then Cyno flinches hearing the third sentence: 'Wait, what did he just say?'

"Ooh, look who's got his big boy pants on. You sure are makin' a big deal outta some stupid eggs." The other provokes. "What?" Deuce asks in disbelief. "They haven't even touched the ground, so they're still edible. Quit whinin'."

"You should thank us for savin' ya the trouble of crackin' 'em!" Then they both laughed at Deuce, this was his last straw: "That ain't funny." Deuce mumbled angrily. "Huh?" One of them didn't catch what Deuce said. "I said, THAT AIN'T FUNNY. You don't get to call my eggs stupid. You don't get to call ANY eggs stupid! Those eggs may not have gotten to be chicks, but they were gonna make some amazing tarts! Do you get it yet? DO YOU!?" They are all surprised by Deuce's outburst, including Cyno but then he gets his composure back almost immediately when he hears what Deuce just said: 'He doesn't know is he?' Deuce started to crack his fingers ready for a fight: "You owe me six eggs. If ya ain't gonna pay me for me, then you're gettin' a bruise for each one!"

Deuce launches himself at the two and then starts pushing them hard but soon it starts to get out of hand, Cyno quickly stops Deuce throwing more punches at the senpais. "Deuce, stop. Enough." Cyno then turns to the two senpais and glares at them: "Scram." Those two didn't need to tell twice, they turned tail and ran away: "Next time you eat an egg, you better apologize a hundred times, you buncha chumps!" Cyno then turns his attention to Deuce: "Calm down, Deuce."

After a while, Deuce starts to calm down then he realizes what he has done. Grim asks him worriedly: "Deuce, what's wrong?" Deuce then let out a disappointed sigh: "*sigh* I did it again, didn't I? ARGH! I was dead-set on becoming an honor student this time, too!" Cyno just looks at Deuce waiting for him to explain.