TWENTY-EIGHT

Lloyd had been gone for about an hour. I really didn't wanna go outside the door.

I heard my phone buzz.

Lloyd: come downstairs.

Me: no

Lloyd: sweetheart I'm not mad just come downstairs.

I set my phone down. A few minutes later and Lloyd came up the stairs and to the door. I could hear his sigh before he touched the handle.

He opened the door, looking at me.

He stepped inside.

"Do you wanna stay here or do you want me to take you home?" He asked quietly.

"No." I said. "Don't do this."

"Mar I feel like you're uncomfortable here. Hell I'm uncomfortable here half the time. So I'll take you home if you don't wanna be here."

"I wanna be here. I wanna be here with you."

He sighed and looked at the ground.

"Okay." He said. "But I need you to do one thing for me."

"Mhm."

"I need you to start being honest. There's a lot of people that I have, and will hurt in this world, but I have one singular bubble set aside for you. You're in that bubble."

"That sounds bad though."

"It's not Margo. I know it sounds bad but I just need you to know that nothing will ever happen to you."

I gave him a look. He came over to the bed.

"I love you." He whispered.

I nodded. "I love you too."

He got into bed, pulling me in.

"Now you sunshine, can tell me what's going on." He said as he kissed my head. I looked up at him.

"I'm serious." 

I sighed and rested back.

"I just... I don't know. The past four months have been the worst months of my life, and yet the best ones. I mean I finally cracked you open which was difficult but then everything came crashing down and I hate talking Lloyd." I blabbed.

Lloyd.

I smiled after she said that.

"You're cute." I whispered.

"I'm serious."

"I know."

She looked up at me. I kissed her softly.

"I know you hate talking. And I know you hate to express your feelings. But I need you to know that I love you and I'm here to listen to you. You have these panic attacks and anxiety attacks because you bottle all of this up."

"Yeah but you just go and murder people to get it out."

"Ouch." I whispered.

She sat up, getting on my lap.

"Okay. I just....I don't care when you propose to me but I wanna move somewhere with you. I have money saved up, and I wanna move to Colorado."

"I'm not living in the states."

"Canada?"

"Too happy there."

"We can live in Alberta on a ranch or something. You can hide your business, keep your job, hell this mansion can be your headquarters still."

"Margo."

"I wanna move there. I lived on a ranch when I was in foster care once and it was the best time I've had. I had a nice family, but damn did they have a lot of kids. They were actual bunnies." She said. I smiled.

"So you wanna move to somewhere with a ranch?"

"Yes. I like horses."

"I could see you in a cowgirl hat."

"It would be a great place to..raise kids too."

My smile faded. "You want kids?"

"We're not getting any younger."

"You're twenty-nine."

"Yeah."

"Jesus." I said and smiled. "Could you ever see me with a kid Margo?"

"Yes. I could see you spoiling a little girl to death."

"Mmm."

She smiled. "Okay. So...I could buy the ranch in Alberta. You can commute up here whenever you need, and I'll stay at the ranch."

"So I'm living a double life?"

"Darn tootin."

"Okay country girl."

"What about Wyoming? No one lives there."

"We might see a close encounter of the third kind there."

"Shut up."

I smiled. "Sure. Wyoming sounds nice too."

Anything for her. I really didn't care where we lived.

"I love you." She said. "And hey...maybe I can ride you like a cowgirl."

"Margo Oliver!"

She smiled. "Yeehaw."