𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

Start from the beginning

"Get under the bed," she tells him, giving him a violent shove. He opens his mouth to protest, but there's a hurried knock on the door and a furious look from Daisy, and he shuffles underneath the bunk right as the door to the bedroom swings open.

"Jesus, I was joking," says Allison, jaw on the floor as she steps through the door frame. "Were you actually-- you know?"

"Oh, like we haven't all heard you and your Jessica Rabbit," Daisy snaps, a grin on her face. "Hypocrite."

Allison cackles a laugh, then starts rummaging through the drawers beside her bunk. "I forgot.... Ah ha!" She brandishes an orange pill bottle at Daisy, the capsules rattling inside. "Figured it was better if I came back to the court alive instead of pitching myself off a bridge."

"Speak for yourself," Daisy replies, making Allison laugh again. Then the blonde pauses, stares at Daisy like she wants to say something, then shakes her head. "You okay, Reynolds?"

Her prettiest smile paints itself back on her face, and she fluffs her hair. "Yeah. Renee's waiting downstairs, I'd better--"

Daisy nods. "I'll see you on Sunday."

"Pick your panties up off the floor before I get back," are Allison's last words before she breezes from the room, the suite door latching shut behind her. Daisy hears a sigh of relief from under the bed.

"I hate her," says Kevin as he slides out from the frame and lets his head fall against the carpet beneath him.

"She's my best friend," replies Daisy. "Girl code trumps hook-up code, and I have to crush your balls if you say a mean thing about her. It's the law," she insists, when Kevin gives her a horrified look.

"Fuck the law," says Kevin. "Get over here."

═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══

It's later at night, and they're walking back from downtown towards Fox Tower. Daisy is swinging her hands by her sides, lashes heavy over her eyes from exhaustion. There's an itch on her neck but she doesn't want to scratch it; she thinks if she ignores it long enough, it might go away.

She's wearing a little dress and a cardigan, something she borrowed from Allison's wardrobe just for tonight. The blonde would have dressed her up like Korean Barbie if she hadn't been out, and Daisy is sure this look would get her seal of approval. Her feet wear ballet flats, because it's a step up from sneakers and it's the only pair of shoes she owns that aren't workout shoes or heels.

Kevin's at her side, and God he looks glorious in the late evening light. The sunset, red and gold and purple on the horizon, makes the gloss of his hair and the dull sheen of his skin glow aflame. She'd have him on the floor right now if he'd give her the chance.

Shit, her neck is itchy. There's a dull buzz behind her eyes, maybe because she's been wearing her contacts for too long? Her hair is scratching at her neck-- oh, that's why her neck is so itchy. Her new haircut isn't doing her many favours, and the layers that Allison insisted on are really fucking with her right now.

He's still there, and she knows this because his fingers just brushed hers. It might have been an accident; they're walking awfully close to each other now, and things like that happen. But it's just happened again, and Daisy grits her teeth before lacing her fingers in between his, palms flat against each other.

He turns to look at her, but she just looks straight ahead to try and act all cool about it. She's pretty sure she looks cool right now, even if her hand is under the collar of her dress scratching madly at her skin to try and get rid of that goddamn fucking itch--